Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 11000 Large Format Monochrome CCD Camera
A top-of-the-line camera, the ATIK 11000 is a Large-Format cooled CCD camera for astronomy with a very high resolution. This camera is a product of extensive design and development. For the uncompromising user looking to create stunning high-resolution images, the Atik 11000 incorporates a huge 35mm x 24mm sensor.
The ATIK 11000 uses the Kodak KAI-11002 CCD and comes in either One-Color Shot or Monochrome versions. Image results with the Atik 11000 feature amazing detail and have the ability to be printed out at A3 size or beyond or conveniently enjoyed on a computer monitor.
Usually ATIK cameras use Sony Sensors. For their Large-Format cameras, ATIK incorporates Kodak devices which have gained a great reputation in astrophotography and offer qualities not available in the Sony CCDs. Atiks expertise in design and build comes to the forefront with highly sophisticated control electronics and advanced cooling systems. Optimum performance from the Kodak chips is only obtained with such features.
For calibration, the Kodak sensors require dark frames and they must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. Using a two-stage Peltier element and fan, the ATIK 11000 achieves this through the provision of full set-point temperature regulation. This enables cooling to 38 degrees below ambient and is suitable for the majority of conditions. Water can be pumped through the cameras internal heat exchanger for more demanding use. The maximum amount of cooling depends on the water temperature when water cooling is employed. Approximately 45 degrees of cooling is available using water from a typical tap.
Reducing the prevalence of hot pixels and cutting thermal noise to an absolute minimum is done with such efficient cooling. However, this does raise the risk of condensation forming in or on the camera. Preventing internal condensation, the high efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber. On the outside of the camera, condensation is avoided with the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. So it can be adapted to the environmental conditions. The power supplied to this heater is controllable through software.
Fulfilling the needs of the most demanding users, Atik Large-Format cameras have been designed and built to offer an unparalleled simplicity of use. Having only two sockets, a 2.1mm socket for 12 V power supply and a USB 2.0 port for use with a computer, these cameras are compatible with ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software as well as CCDSoft, Astroart and Maxim DL.
The Atik 11000 is fitted with a KAI-11002 class II sensor. This sensor enables a small number of column defects, alternatively a class I sensor with no column defects can be specified. You may ask, does the CCD grade matter? Atik feels that when the camera is used for astro-imaging that the price premium placed on the class I sensor is not justified. Briefly, this is because Kodak's grading scheme uses a test where the CCD is not cooled, exposures are fractions of a second and the sensor is read out several times a second. Conditions for the sensors are very different in astro-imaging since the sensor is cooled, exposures are typically many tens of seconds and readout takes several seconds. Images are expected to be corrected with a dark frame. In conclusion, the grading tests do not reflect performance in astro-imaging in an efficient way.
Designed for professional digital still camera applications, the Kodak KAI-11002 Image Sensor on the ATIK 11000 is a high-performance, 11-million pixel sensor. The 9.0 µm square pixels with microlenses provide high sensitivity and the large full well capacity results in high dynamic range. Enabling 1-3 frames per second (fps) video rate is the two high-speed outputs and binning capabilities for the progressively scanned images. Vertical overflow drain structure allows electronic shuttering for precise exposure control and provides anti-blooming protection. Additional features include low dark current, negligible lag and low smear.
Kodak KAI-11002 Sensor Features
- Pixel Size: 9.0 µm (H) x 9.0 µm (V)
- Total Number of Pixels: 4072 (H) x 2720 (V) = 11.1 million pixels
- Number of Active Pixels: 4008 (H) x 2672 (V) = 10.7 million pixels
- Number of Effective Pixels: 4032 (H) x 2688 (V) = 10.8 million pixels
- Number of outputs: 1 or 2 - Dynamic Range: 66 dB
- Imager Size: 43.3mm (diagonal)
- Chip Size: 37.25mm (H) x 25.70mm (V)
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Saturation Signal: 60,000 electrons
- High resolution - High sensitivity - High dynamic range
- Low noise architecture
- High frame rate with binning capability for higher frame rate
- Electronic shutter
- Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging applications
- Quantum Efficiency (KAI-11002-ABA) 50% (Mono) - Maximum Data Rate: 28 MHz
- Output Sensitivity - 13 V/e- Total Noise: 30 electrons
- Dark Current: <50 mV/s Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7ºC
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: >0.99999 - Blooming Suppression: >1000X Smear: <-80 dB Image Lag: <10 electrons
- Package: 40-pin, CerDIP, 0.070 pin spacing - Cover Glass: AR Coated
- Atik 11000M Monochrome Large-Format CCD Camera
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- Universal (110-230V) Power Adapter
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 11000
- Sensor Type: KAI-11002 monochrome CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 37.25mm x 25.70mm
- Pixel Array: 4008 x 2672
- Pixel Size: 9 µm x 9 µm
- Cooling: Two stage Peltier with ΔT=-38°C; with optional water assist Full temperature regulation
- CCD Architecture: Interline
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 13e- RMS typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.92e-/ADU
- Well Depth: 60000 electrons
- Dark Current: 0.03 electrons per sec at -20 degrees
- Anti-blooming: >1000x
- Quantum Efficiency: 50%
- Linearity: R squared test equal to 1
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Weight: 2.18 lbs.
DocumentationAtik 4000/11000 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of