Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 314L+ Color CCD Camera with Sony ICX285AL Sensor
Featuring state-of-the-art technology for supreme performance and ease-of-use, the ATIK 314L+ camera is based on the highly successful ATIK 3 platform. Matching dark frames are a snap with the full set point temperature regulation on the 314L+ by ATIK.
There are many benefits of the ATIK 3 platform based on extensive research and development. These include:
- Best-in-field readout noise characteristics with provided advanced electronics
- USB 2.0 performance for ultra-fast download speeds
- 1 Megapixel/second readout or 2 Megapixels/second in preview mode
- Provided lightweight cases lessen the stress on your focuser
- Works best with fork mounts and Starizona's Hyperstar system because of its compact and symmetrical design
- Longer imaging sessions in the field with low power consumption - 12V, -8A.
- Highly efficient set point thermoelectric cooling to -27 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature
- A software-controlled cooling switch enables automated operation
- Can be used as a guide camera as well as an imager with the featured ST-4 Compatible port
Like its brother the ATIK 314E, the ATIK 314L+ draws on all the advantages of the popular and highly successful platform. In addition, the ATIK 314L+ incorporates an exceptional Sony ICX285AL EXview 1392 x 1040 sensor with large 6.45 µm pixels. This makes it suitable for use on a wide range of telescopes.
The ATIK 314L+ is an extremely sensitive camera with a readout noise typically 4 electrons rms and data download takes only 1.8 s for a full-frame readout, or 0.9 s in preview mode. Weighing only 400 g, this camera is compact and efficient with each use.
For camera control and data acquisition the highly acclaimed Capture software is included with the 314L+, as well as plug-ins to allow use with Astroart, MaximDL and CCDSoft. System requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM, Windows 98/XP/Vista, CD-ROM drive and USB 2.0 port.
Atik 314L+ Color CCD Camera Highlights
- Progressive scan allows individual readout of the image signals from all pixels
- High horizontal and vertical resolution (both approximately 1024 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Supports high frame rate readout mode (effective 256 lines output, 60 fps)
- Square pixel - Aspect ratio: 4:3 - Horizontal drive frequency: 28.64 MHz
- High sensitivity, low smear. Low dark current, excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- Continuous variable-speed shutter. Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Substrate material: Silicon
- Image size: Diagonal 11mm (Type 2/3)
- Total number of pixels: 1434 (H) 1050 (V) approx. 1.50 million pixels
- Number of effective pixels: 1392 (H) 1040 (V) approx. 1.45 million pixels
- Number of active pixels: 1360 (H) 1024 (V) approx. 1.40 million pixels
- Chip size: 10.2mm (H) 8.3mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 6.45 µm (H) 6.45 µm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 40 pixels, Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 20, Vertical 3
Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip
With a square pixel array, the Sony ICX285AL is a diagonal 11mm (Type 2/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor. Through the adoption of EXview HAD CCD technology, high sensitivity and low smear are achieved. All pixels signals can be output independently with the progressive scan within approximately 1/15 second. Supports 60 frames per second with the adoption of high frame rate readout mode.
This chip makes it possible to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter because of the electronic shutter feature with a variable charge-storage time. The Sony ICX285AL Interline CCD Chip fits well for image input applications such as still cameras which require high resolution, etc.
- Atik 314L+ Color CCD Camera
- 1.25" Adapter
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 314L+
- Sensor Type: Sony ICX285AL color CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 11mm diagonal
- Pixel Array: 1392 x 1040
- Pixel Size: 6.45 µm square
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT= -27°C
- CCD Architecture: Interline
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 4e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.3e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: ~19500e
- Dark Current: ~0.0002 electrons per second at -10°
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 0.8A
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Weight: 14.1 oz.
DocumentationAtik Series 3 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of