Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 4000 Color CCD Camera
The Atik 4000 large format cooled CCD camera provides an ideal introduction to the joys of large-format imaging. It incorporates a 4-megapixel Kodak sensor with 7.4 µm pixels; much bigger than the Sony sensors which are typically used for astronomy. At 15mm x 15mm the sensor array is a perfect fit for standard 1.25” filters, offering a considerable saving over the 2” filters required by anything larger.
Resolution from the Atik 4000 CCD Camera is fine for printing at A4 or even A3 size, and when viewing images on a computer monitor it is a pleasure to see details emerging at ever-deeper zoom levels.
The Kodak sensor used in this Atik large format camera require dark frames be used for calibration, and these must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. The Atik 4000 achieves this through the provision of full set-point temperature regulation using a two-stage Peltier element and fan. This can provide cooling to , and will be suitable for the majority of conditions. For more demanding use, water can be pumped through the camera's internal heat exchanger. When water cooling is employed, the maximum level of cooling depends on the water temperature. Approximately 45 degrees of cooling can be achieved using water from a typical cold tap.
Such efficient cooling cuts thermal noise to an absolute minimum and reduces the prevalence of hot pixels, but it raises the risk of condensation forming in - or on - the camera. A high-efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber of the Atik 4000, thereby preventing internal condensation. Meanwhile, condensation on the outside of the camera is avoided through the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. The power supplied to this heater is controllable through software so that it can be adapted to the environmental conditions.
The Atik 4000 CCD Camera has been designed and built to meet the needs of the most demanding users, yet offers an unparalleled simplicity of use. It comes with only two sockets - a 2.1mm socket for the 12V power supply, and a USB 2.0 port for communicating with your computer. The camera is also compatible with Atik’s highly acclaimed Capture software, as well as with Astroart, CCDSoft and Maxim DL.
- ATIK 4000 Color CCD Camera Body
- 10 ft. USB Cable
- 6 ft. Battery Power Connector
- Universal Power Supply (110-230V)
- Case with Die-Cut Foam Inserts
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 4000
- Sensor Type: Kodak KAI-04022 color CCD
- Sensor Grade: Standard with no column defects
- Sensor Size: 15.15mm x 15.15mm
- Pixel Array: 2047 x 2047
- Pixel Size: 7.4 µm x 7.4 µm
- ADC: 16-bit
- CCD Architecture: Interline
- Readout Noise: 11 e- typical value
- Dark Current: 0.01 electrons per sec at -20 degrees
- Well Depth: 40000 electrons
- Anti-Blooming: >1000x
- Quantum Efficiency: 55%
- Linearity: R squared test equal to 1
- Interface: USB 2.0 high speed
- Power: 12v DC
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Software Included: Artemis Capture
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Cooling: Two stage Peltier with ΔT=-40°C; with optional water assist Full temperature regulation
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
DocumentationAtik 4000/11000 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of