Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 4000 Large Format Monochrome CCD Camera
An ideal introduction to the joys of Large-Format imaging, the Atik 4000 incorporates a 4 Megapixel Monochrome Kodak sensor with 7.4 µm pixels, being much bigger than the Sony sensors which are typically used for astronomy. The sensor array at 15mm x 15mm is a perfect match for standard 1.25" filters and offers a considerable saving over the 2" filters required by anything larger. Fine enough for printing at A4 and even A3 size, the resolution from the ATIK 4000 is superb. Viewing images on a computer monitor is also pleasant due to the fine details emerging at ever-deeper zoom levels. Both Monochrome and One-Shot Color versions of the Atik 4000 are available.
Usually Atik cameras use Sony Sensors. For their Large-Format cameras, ATIK incorporates Kodak devices which have gained a great reputation in astrophotography and offer qualities not available in the Sony CCDs. Atiks expertise in design and build comes to the forefront with highly sophisticated control electronics and advanced cooling systems. Optimum performance from the Kodak chips is only obtained with such features.
For calibration, the Kodak sensors require dark frames and they must be taken at the same temperature as the primary image. Using a two-stage Peltier element and fan, the Atik 4000 achieves this through the provision of full, set-point, temperature regulation. This enables cooling to 40 degrees below ambient and will be appropriate for most conditions. Water can be pumped through the camera's internal heat exchanger for demanding use. When water cooling is employed, the maximum amount of cooling depends on the water temperature, with approximately 45 degrees of cooling being available using water from a typical cold tap.
Reducing the prevalence of hot pixels and cutting thermal noise to an absolute minimum is done with such efficient cooling. However, this does raise the risk of condensation forming in or on the camera. Preventing internal condensation, the high efficiency desiccant is used to dry the air inside the sensor chamber. On the outside of the camera, condensation is avoided with the use of heater elements which gently warm the window. So it can be adapted to the environmental conditions, the power supplied to this heater is controllable through software.
Fulfilling the needs of the most demanding users, Atik Large-Format cameras have been designed and built to offer an unparalleled simplicity of use. Having only two sockets, a 2.1mm socket for 12 V power supply and a USB 2.0 port for use with a computer, these cameras are compatible with ATIK's highly acclaimed Capture software as well as CCDSoft, Astroart and Maxim DL.
Kodak KAI-04022 Imaging Sensor
- Maximum Frame Rates: 8 fps (single output) 16 fps (dual output) - Image Lag: <10e - Smear: -80 dB - Blooming Suppression: 300X
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: >0.99999 - Charge Capacity: 40,000 electrons - Number of outputs: 1 or 2
- Active Image Size: 15.15mm (H) x 15.15mm (V) 21.43mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Dark Current: <0.5 nA/cm2 - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 7ºC
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 55% - Readout Noise (f=10MHz): 9 electrons, rms
- Package Type: 34 pin CerDIP - Cover Glass: AR Coated, 2 side
- Atik 4000 Large Format Monochrome CCD Camera
- 1.25" Adapter
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- Universal (110-230V) Power Supply
- High Quality Case with Die-Cut Foam Inserts
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 4000
- Sensor Type: KAI-04022 monochrome CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 16.67mm x 16.05mm
- Pixel Array: 2048 x 2048
- Pixel Size: 7.4 µm square
- Cooling: Two stage Peltier with ΔT=-40°C; with optional water assist Full temperature regulation
- CCD Architecture: Full Frame
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 11e- RMS typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.61e-/ADU
- Well Depth: 40000 electrons
- Dark Current: 0.01 electrons per sec at -20 degrees
- Anti-blooming: >1000x
- Quantum Efficiency: 55%
- Linearity: R squared test equal to 1
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Weight: 2.18 lbs.
DocumentationAtik 4000/11000 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of