Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 420 Color CCD Camera - ATK0093 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Atik 420 Color CCD Camera
First in its class, the Atik 420 offers low power consumption, high performance regulated cooling, and a narrow body all in one product. The Atik 420 is fitted well with the use of the 6" and 8" HyperStar systems, where the low heat dissipation and narrow body make a difference, or with short focal length refractors, providing a high, extremely fast definition wide field of view, all without the price tag.
These Atik 4-series cameras are an expansion of the 3-series cameras, featuring a narrower body. In HyperStar and Fastar systems where the camera is to be placed in front of the telescope, these CCD Cameras are especially well-suited. They also work well with custom-designed systems that require a narrow-bodied CCD camera. Taking dark frames is easy thanks to these cameras and the feature set point cooling they exhibit. Facilitating field operation is easy with its 12 V power requirement.
Among the instruments of choice for this camera are the HyperStar/Faster systems and small refractors with focal reducers. The Atik 420 makes a perfect match for short focal lengths and is the narrowest body in its class. With that being said, the Atik 420 is one of the lightest cameras as well. Even with its narrow body and light weight, there was no compromise regarding stability or cooling performance with the creation of the Atik 420. The cooler module has been engineered for low power use enables your field sessions to last longer. Also, the desiccant port is now easily accessibly from the exterior.
The Capture application featured on the Atik 420 provides for intuitive and simple, yet powerful way to acquire images. Among the included tools is a image sequencer, focus assistance readout, guide camera control and integration with Atik filter wheels. Your time at the telescope is more enjoyable since the capture aims take the stress out of imaging. Plugins for MaxIm DL, CCDSoft, and Astroart are available if you require compatibility with other software, as well as a full ASCOM driver.
Another addition is Dawn, Atiks new image-processing software. Like all Atik Cameras, Dawn was created from the ground up to be powerful yet easy to use. With a few mouse clicks enjoy a sequence of image-processing steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial workflow. It then can be executed very easily for speedy and repeatable results.
The Sony ICX274AL is a diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8) interline CCD solid-state image sensor. This sensor has a square pixel array and 2.01 million effective pixels. Pixel signals can be output independently due to the progressive scan at a approximately 1/15 second. Output is also possible using various addition and pulse elimination methods.
Realizing full-frame still images, without a mechanical shutter, is possible due to the electronic shutter with variable charge-storage time that is featured with this chip. With the adoption of Super HAD CCD technology high sensitivity and low dark current are achieved.
Sony ICX274 Interline CCD Chip Features
- Square pixels with high horizontal and vertical resolution
- Following modes supported: Progressive scan mode (with/without mechanical shutter) - 2/8-line readout mode - 2/4-line readout mode - 2-line addition mode - Center scan modes (1), (2) and (3) - AF modes (1) and (2)
- Image size : Diagonal 8.923mm (Type 1/1.8)
- Total number of pixels : 1688 (H) 1248 (V) approx. 2.11 million pixels
- Number of effective pixels : 1628 (H) 1236 (V) approx. 2.01 million pixels
- Number of active pixels : 1620 (H) 1220 (V) approx. 1.98 million pixels
- Recommended number of recording pixels : 1600 (H) 1200 (V) approx. 1.92 million pixels
- Horizontal drive frequency: 28.6364 MHz (typ.), 36.0 MHz (max.)
- Reset gate bias need no adjustment
- Low dark current, high sensitivity
- Continuous variable-speed shutter function
- Excellent anti-blooming characteristics
- 20-pin high-precision plastic package
- Chip size: 8.50mm (H) 6.80mm (V)
- Unit cell size: 4.40 µm (H) 4.40 µm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 12 pixels, rear 48 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 28, Vertical 1
- Substrate material: Silicon
- Atik 420 Color CCD Camera
- 1.25" Adapter
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 420
- Sensor Type: Sony ICX274 color CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 8.5mm x 6.8mm
- Pixel Array: 1620 x 1220
- Pixel Size: 4.4 µm x 4.4 µm
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=-30°C
- CCD Architecture: Interline
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 3e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.13e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: ~9000e
- Dark Current: ~0.0001 electrons per sec at -10°
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12v DC 1A
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Backfocus: 13mm
- Weight: 14 oz.
DocumentationAtik Series 4 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of