Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
The Atik Titan Monochrome CCD Camera is discontinued, and we are out of stock.
Atik Titan Monochrome CCD Camera
The Atik Titan CCD camera enables you to choose between planetary and deep sky imaging, making it an ideal introductory camera. With capabilities of recording up to 15 frames per second in uncompressed 16-bit format in high speed mode, this camera makes it easier to pull magnificent detail out of low contrast objects such as the cloud belts of Saturn or the surface of the Sun. This high frame rate is important in order to capture moments of steady seeing where the images become clear.
When used in deep sky mode, the Atik Titan has a remarkable 5-electron read-noise which is better than many astro-cameras costing thousands of dollars. Faint detail can be teased out of the Titan's images with the low-read noise. Advanced cooling for long-exposure imaging is also featured with the Atik Titan.
The Atik Titan is an ideal, high-end guide camera due to the mix of high sensitivity and high frame rates it produces. A standard ST-4 type guide socket is featured on the back of the Titan for direct connection to a mount. Guiding can be performed through Atik's included Capture software or programs like Maxim DL, AstroArt and CCD-Soft.
Included with your Atik Titan CCD Camera is a new image processing software by Atik called Dawn. Much like the Atik Cameras, Dawn was designed from the ground up to be powerful and easy to use. The great part about this software is its ability to enable a sequence of image procession steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial work-flow. This can be created with a few mouse clicks and is executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
The ICX424AL is a diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array suitable for EIA color cameras. Progressive scan allows all pixel signals to be output independently within approximately 1/60 second. This chip enables the realization of full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter due to the electronic shutter feature with variable charge-storage time. Through the adoption of HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors, low dark current and high sensitivity are achieved. Applications such as surveillance cameras and FA are suitable for use with this chip.
Sony ICX424AL Sensor Features
- Interline Color CCD image sensor
- High sensitivity, high resolution, low dark current
- Individual readout of image signals from all pixels is possible with progressive scan
- Square pixels
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54 MHz
- Supports VGA format
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted)
- Low smear
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Superb anti-blooming characteristics
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Image size: Diagonal 6mm (Type 1/3)
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) x 504 (V) approx. 350,000 pixels
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) x 494 (V) approx. 330,000 pixels
- Unit cell size: 7.4 µm (H) x 7.4 µm (V)
- Chip size: 5.79 mm (H) 4.89 mm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16, Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon
- Atik Titan Monochrome CCD Camera
- 1.25" Adapter
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik Titan
- Sensor Type: Sony ICX424 monochrome CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 5.79mm x 4.89mm
- Pixel Array: 659 x 494
- Pixel Size: 7.4 µm square
- Cooling: Cooling: Thermoelectric; ΔT=-20°C max.
- CCD Architecture: Frame Transfer
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 7e-
- Gain Factor: 0.34e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: ~22500e
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Power: 12v DC 0.6A
- Guide Port: ST-4 compatible
- Weight: 12.32 oz.
DocumentationAtik Quickstart Guide
Atik Titan Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of