Celestron T-Adapter for Celestron EdgeHD 8 Inch
The Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD telescope combines Celestron's newly designed fork mount with its new EdgeHD optical system and is the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or with optional Pro Wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astro imager's tool. With over 8 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CPC Deluxe 800 HD gives you over 800 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. Turn this scope to planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach. Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of only 43 lbs, this telescope is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
New Optical Design
The EdgeHD optical system combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip. Internal GPS The CPC Deluxe HD Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use the hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars you may even pick the Moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar™ software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Fastar Versatility All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
Design - With the introduction of the CPC Deluxe HD series Celestron has gone back to the drawing board and re-designed and re-engineered the drive train with a larger 6 inch, 180 tooth brass gear and .75" stainless steel worm gear and unique roller bearing design with both Steel and Nylon ball bearings rotating around a wide 9.8 track designed for smoother tracking accuracy for long exposure astrophotography.
Innovation - The CPC Deluxe HD series uses the innovative All-Star™ Polar alignment procedure. Coupled with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CPC, sure to please astro imagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC), which allows users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope, even when not perfectly balanced, without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CPC will track continuously through the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky.
- 8" EdgeHD Optics
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Celestron's HD Pro Wedge is designed to support our fork mounted Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes up to 11". The HD Pro provides a heavy duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration. A low latitude range of 0-90 degrees makes this wedge functional for use at the equator. Built-in features include altitude/azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment, a hand control holder that provides the option of placing on the wedge or the fork arm, a tilt plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge, and a large 14 mm diameter latitude adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope.
- 14mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment Screw - Adds strength and stability. Does not flex or bend providing less vibration and making it easier to rotate a heavy telescope.
- 0-90 Degree Latitude Range - Low latitude range, perfect for use at the equator.
- Built-in Hand Control Holder - Allows user to place the hand control on the wedge or fork arm. Hand control won't fall off when fork arm is angled towards the ground.
- Tilt Plate - Recesses to fit base of telescope and base of scope drops into place just by rotating. Mounting telescope on wedge becomes easier.
- Heavy Duty Side Plates - More rigid with more material provides less vibration while imaging.
Dimensions & Specifications
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
50mm w/quick release bracket
Celestron CPC GPS Telescopes
Celestron CPC Deluxe HD Telescopes
Highest Useful Magnification
Objective Lens Size Code
For the Expert
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of