Celestron T-Adapter for Celestron EdgeHD 9/11/14 Inch
Celestron's 9.25 optical system has enjoyed a loyal following since we first introduced it with our Ultima 9.25 in 1995. Now the 9.25 optical tube is even better with the addition of EdgeHD optics. The 9.25 is a favorite among astro imagers and discerning visual observers with it offering 33% more light gathering than our 8" model. CPC Deluxe 925 HD is specifically designed for astro imaging and optimized to reduce aberration across a wide field of view. This feature packed model comes standard with Celestron's renowned StarBright XLT multi-coatings and is compatible with a complete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
New Optical Design The EdgeHD optical system combines all the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip. EdgeHD optics not only produce diffraction limited stars on axis, but maintain diffraction limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astro imaging cameras. Even at the very edge of a full frame (42 mm) camera chip, the CPC Deluxe 925 HD delivers diffraction limited stars of only 1 arc second.
What makes the CPC Deluxe 9.25 HD unique for astro imaging?
- Longer focal length primary, and lower magnification secondary, creates a focal plane nine times flatter than a traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
- Internal baffle design optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your image plane.
Internal GPS The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use your hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars and you may even pick the Moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar™ software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database The CPC Deluxe HD database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). There's also "Solar System Align" that lets you align on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing – it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
Luminos Eyepiece CPC Deluxe 925 HD comes with Celestron's top of the line, wide field eyepiece. With a 23 mm focal length and 82° AFOV, you get an incredible combination of power and wide field of view. Plus each Luminos eyepiece is optimized to deliver pin point images when used with a flat field telescope.
CPC Deluxe 925 HD - General Features
- EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- 23 mm, 82 degree Luminos Eyepiece - 2"
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
CPC Deluxe 925 HD - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
- Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Celestron's HD Pro Wedge is designed to support our fork mounted Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes up to 11". The HD Pro provides a heavy duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration. A low latitude range of 0-90 degrees makes this wedge functional for use at the equator. Built-in features include altitude/azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment, a hand control holder that provides the option of placing on the wedge or the fork arm, a tilt plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge, and a large 14 mm diameter latitude adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope.
- 14mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment Screw - Adds strength and stability. Does not flex or bend providing less vibration and making it easier to rotate a heavy telescope.
- 0-90 Degree Latitude Range - Low latitude range, perfect for use at the equator.
- Built-in Hand Control Holder - Allows user to place the hand control on the wedge or fork arm. Hand control won't fall off when fork arm is angled towards the ground.
- Tilt Plate - Recesses to fit base of telescope and base of scope drops into place just by rotating. Mounting telescope on wedge becomes easier.
- Heavy Duty Side Plates - More rigid with more material provides less vibration while imaging.
Dimensions & Specifications
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
50mm w/quick release bracket
Celestron CPC GPS Telescopes
Celestron CPC Deluxe HD Telescopes
Highest Useful Magnification
Objective Lens Size Code
For the Expert
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of