Get ready to create impressive images of the Moon, Sun, and planets, even if you've never tried astrophotography before. The NexImage Burst Solar System Color Camera, Celestron's latest high-performance imager, is designed with beginners in mind.
Powered by one of the best CMOS imaging sensors available
It's what's on the inside that counts...and that's where NexImage Burst truly delivers. It may not seem much different from other entry-level planetary cameras on the market, especially when you look at the price tag. But at the heart of NexImage Burst is one of the most acclaimed CMOS imaging sensors available, the Aptina AR0132, which has defined the cutting edge in the CMOS revolution. It's the updated version of Aptina's wildly popular MT9M034 sensor, which was hailed for its speed and sensitivity. Even as little as one or two years ago, a high-performance solar system camera like this would have cost hundreds more. But with the rise of CMOS imaging sensors, this rewarding hobby has become surprisingly affordable.
Astrophotography: Ready out of the box
Simply connect NexImage Burst to your computerized telescope and plug in the USB 2.0 cable to your PC. The included software suite guides you through every step of producing your celestial masterpiece. First, use the iCap software to capture raw data from the telescope, up to 120 frames per second when subframed for planetary imaging.
Next, the software automatically identifies and tosses out the fuzzy frames captured during atmospheric instability. What remains are sharp, detailed images that you can stack to form your final image or use to create a short video of your subject. Astrophotography couldn't be easier.
- Celestron NexImage Burst Color Imager
- C-thread 1.25" Nosepiece Adapter
- USB Cable
- Power Cord
- Celestron image capture and processing Software
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Sensor: Aptina AR0132AT CMOS (Color)
- Weight: 2 oz
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 13.1mm with nosepiece/10.6mm without nosepiece
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 to 1 second
- Mounting: 1.25" barrel and C-thread
- Operating Environment: 40° C to -40°C
- Shutter: Rolling
- Software Compatibility: iCap/IC Capture/DirectShow/FireCapture
- Sub-Framing: Hardware selectable
- Power Requirements: Powered by USB
- Camera Resolution: 1280 x 960
- Sensor Size: 3.54mm x 2.69mm
- Pixel Size: 3.75 micron square
- Frames per Second: Over 120 (30fps at full frame)
- USB Connection: High-speed 32.0/10' cable length
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of