iOptron CEM25 Center-Balanced Computerized Equatorial Mount Tripod with 1.5" Legs and Hard Case
iOptron's CEM25 is a computerized equatorial mount that has been center balanced. Whisper quiet and lightweight, this mount has it all! The CEM25 mount uses up to 60% less GOTO power consumption than other mounts in the same weight capacity category.
The unique “Z” design of the iOptron® patented Center-Balanced Equatorial Mount, or CEM, puts the payload at the center of gravity, providing greater natural stability. This means the mount is extremely light compared to its maximum payload – resulting in a mount that is portable enough for easy transportation and set-up at a remote site. The adjustable counterweight bar prevents the counterweight from getting in the way of the tripod or pier when operating at a low latitude location. Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
With a high precision optical encoder system and advanced control technology, the iOptron CEM25-EC mount will track a star at a periodic error less than 0.3 arc second rms. A perfect portable mount for unguided astrophotography!
The iOptron CEM25 comes equipped with the latest advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. It comes with over 59,000 objects in its database. Plus, the Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive to use with a large 4-line LCD screen to easily set up your telescope and select where you want to go. The CEM25 – a new category of viewing and astrophotography.
iOptron CEM25 Highlights
- A new Center-Balanced equatorial mount design for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for entry-level and intermediate astrophotographers
- High precision optical encoder system and advance control technology for accurate tracking
- Payload of 27 lbs (12.3 kg) with the mount-only weight of 10.4 lbs (4.7 kg)
- Spring loaded gear system with customer adjustable loading force
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Stepper motor with low power consumption
- iOptron AccuAlignTM calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Polar alignment routine for those who can’t see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer control
- Spring-loaded Vixen-style saddle
- Standard 1.5 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with accessory tray
- Hard case included
iOptron CEM25 Equatorial Mount
1.5" Stainless Steel Tripod
Go2Nova® 8408 Hand Controller with 150,000+ Object Database
Vixen "V" Series Saddle
10.4 lb. Counterweight
AC Power Adapter
Dimensions & Specifications
Mount or Tripod Type: Equatorial Mounts
Hand Controller Included: Yes
Objects in Database: 59000+
Power Options for Mount: 100-240V DC
Mount Latitude Range: 0° - 60°
Mount Weight: 10.4 lb
Mount Slew Speeds: 1x / 2x / 8x / 16x / 64x / 128x / 256x / 512x / 1440x (Maximum)
Includes GPS: Yes
AutoGuider Port: Yes
Periodic Error Correction: Yes
Mounting Style: Vixen-Style Dovetail Plate
Includes Polar Finder: Yes
Includes Counterweights: Yes
Number of Counterweights Included: One
Counterweight Weights: 10.4 lb
Mount Includes Tripod or Pier: Yes
Mount Weight Capacity: 27 lb
Tripod Leg Diameter: 1.5"
Tripod Includes Spreader Bar: Yes with Accessory Tray
Tripod Leg Material: Stainless Steel
Tripod Weight: 11 lb
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of