iOptron Hard Case for CEM40 Mount - 7480
iOptron CEM40EC Center Balance Equatorial Mount and 1.25" Tripod
The CEM40 is an equatorial mount that is sure to wow and delight astrophotographers and visual observers. The mount is a medium-sized, GoTo equatorial mount with a weight capacity of 40lb. The kicker? This mount only weighs 15.8lb! The impressive accuracy of the high-resolution RA encoder is <0.25 arc-seconds. It also includes the iPolar which is an integrated electronic polar finder that will make alignment super easy, a Universal Self-Centering Saddle that accepts both Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates, GPS, an internal cable management system, and much more!
Traditional equatorial mounts are wonderful when it comes to both visual astronomy and astrophotography, but sometimes users have had to deal with the fact that the design causes torque that effects the mount's overall stability. The iOptron CEM, or Center Balance Equatorial Mount, places the mount's balance point directly over the tripod, resulting in greater stability and allowing for a better weight capacity to mount weight ratio. This iOptron mount design is one of the reasons why the CEM40EC mount head can weigh just 15.8 pounds but carry up to 40 pounds!
Features of the iOptron CEM40EC Equatorial Mount
- The "EC" version of the iOptron CEM40 offers an RA high-resolution encoder with <0.25 arcsecond accuracy.
- The CEM40EC is CNC machined and anodized for precision and beauty.
- An integrated electronic polar finder is included with the CEM40EC and tripod system.
- The quick-lock gear clutch drive engagement system has large levers for easy adjustment even when wearing gloves.
- An internal cable management system keeps wires and cables neatly inside the mount.
- A Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) places your mount's dovetail, either Losmandy or Vixen style, right where it should be.
- The CEM40EC includes low power consumption stepper motors.
- A built-in 32-channel GPS quickly and easily locates your mount's position
- GoTo capabilities are facilitated by the iOptron GoTo Nova 8407+ hand controller, which, among other things, has a built-in heater and a whopping 359,000 object library with star identification.
- RPEC, or Real-Time Periodic Error Correction, allows you to train your mount for heightened accuracy.
- An ST-4 Guide Port is included, and you can add an optional external WiFi Adapter for wireless control via your Smartphone or tablet
Nuts and Bolts
- Mount: Center Balanced Equatorial
- Maximum Payload: 40 pounds (18 kg), excluding counterweight
- Mount Weight: 15.8 lb. (7.2 kg)
- Payload to Mount Weight Ratio: 2.5
- PEC: RPEC (real-time PEC)
- Counterweight Shaft: 20mm Diameter by 410mm
- Mount Base Diameter: 125mm
- Motor: Precision stepper motor, 1.8 degrees/128 micro-step
- Hand Controller: Go2Nova 8407+, with an 8 line, 21 character LCD screen
- Star Database: 359,000+ with star identification
- Power: 12V DC, 5A
- Power Consumption: 0.6A when tracking, 0.9A during GoTo
- Polar Scope: Internal iPolar electronic polar scope
- Dovetail Saddle: iOptron Universal Saddle, 5"
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Communication Port: USB
- GPS: Yes
- Tripod: 1.25"
- CEM40 EC Center Balance Equatorial Mount Head with High Resolution RA Encoder
- Counterweight Shaft
- 10 lb. counter weight
- Go2Nova ® 8407 hand controller with cord
- Hard Case
- Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS)
- iPolar Integrated Electronic Polar Finder Scope
- 1.25" Tripod
Dimensions & Specifications
- Worm Diameter: 17mm
- Worm Material: Brass
- RA Worm Wheel: 110mm
- RA Worm Teeth: 216
- RA Worm Backlash: Zero
- Dec Worm Wheel: 110mm
- Dec Worm Teeth: 216
- Dec Worm Backlash: Zero
- RA Axis Shaft: 45mm steel
- Dec Axis Shaft: 45mm steel
- RA Bearings: 68mm
- Dec Bearings: 68mm
- Material: Metal
- Build: CNC machined
- Finish: Anodized red & black
- Latitude Range: 0-60 deg.
- Azimuth Range: +/- 6 deg.
- Tracking: 0.25 arcsec RMS
- Period: 400 seconds
- Motor Res.: 0.08 arctic
- Zero Position: Auto zero
- WiFi: External
- Cables: DC12V (3A) & ST4
- Slew Speed: 4.5 deg/sec
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Limited Two Years
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of