Optolong CLS Filter - 2" Mounted - CLS-200
Optolong CLS-CCD Filter - EOS Full Frame Clip - EOSFF-CLSCCD is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Optolong CLS-CCD Clip Filter for Canon Full Frame Cameras
This CLS-CCD filter is designed by Optolong and optimized for Canon EOS Full Frame cameras. The filter dramatically boosts contrast, brightening faint outer regions on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, and supernova remnants from light polluted areas when photographed with a color imaging camera.
The infrared wavelength of 700-1100nm is cut off on the Optolong CLS-CCD Filter, making it different from the standard CLS filter and rendering the CLS-CCD a photographic filter only. There is no need to use a separate IR-cut filter when imaging with the CLS-CCD because the IR has already been cut for you!
The Optolong CLS-CCD filter works by selectively reducing the transmission of light pollution wavelengths, especially artificial light pollution caused by high and low-pressure sodium vapor and mercury vapor lights. Using a CLS-CCD filter will also increase contrast by reducing the skyglow caused by naturally occurring neutral oxygen emissions in our atmosphere.
The Optolong CLS-CCD Clip Filter is made Schott glass that has been multi-coated with ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved.
Using a Clip Filter on your Canon Full Frame Camera
- The Optolong EOS FF Clip filter can be inserted without tools; just use your fingers to insert or remove the filter. Once inserted correctly, it cannot unintentionally fall out.
- No changes to the housing of Canon EOS DSLR are required. All lens functions will work with the Clip installed, including focus, screen, and image stabilization,
- The Optolong clip filter prevents dust from settling on the sensor during long exposures.
- The EOS FF clip filters are compatible with EOS Full Frame series cameras, such as the 1D X, 5D, and 6D. If you have a standard APS-C EOS camera, Optolong offers clip filters for these cameras as well.
- Optolong Clip Filters do not function with the Canon EF-S series lenses. These lenses invade the space inside the camera body that would normally be taken up by the clip filter.
- To use EOS/T2 and 2” adapters to attach your camera to a telescope you’ll need to insert the Clip-Filter first and then install the desired lens adapters.
Transmission Characteristics of CLS-CCD Filter
- 95% transmission H-Alpha 656nm
- 95% transmission OIII 496nm and 500nm
- 95% transmission SII 672nm
- 95% transmission H-Beta 486nm
- High transmission NII 654nm and 658nm
- 0.1% transmission Hg at 435nm and 578nm
- 0.1% transmission Na at 589nm
- Blocks transmission IR 700-1100nm
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 1.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- Main nebula emission lines have a transmission of 95%
- Off-band (major emission lines of artificial light pollution) transmission is 0.1%
- High-value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogeneous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong CLS-CCD Filter in Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Format
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: EOS Full Frame Clip
Filter Type: Light Pollution
Filter Shape: EOS Clip
Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of