Optolong CLS Filter - Nikon D5100 Clip - NIKD5-CLS is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Optolong CLS Clip Filter for Nikon D5100 Cameras
Optolong's CLS filter is ideal not only for visual observations but for photographic applications as well. The CLS filter works great if you're viewing in an area with artificial light pollution. Because the CLS filter, or the City Light Suppression Filter, has a larger pass-band than a UHC filter, many amateur astronomers favor the CLS filter when observing in mild to moderate light pollution. The CLS filter selectively blocks transmission of wavelengths known for light pollution, especially artificial light pollution from high and low-pressure sodium vapor and mercury vapor lights. Using a CLS filter will even help reduce skyglow caused by naturally occurring neutral oxygen emissions in our atmosphere.
The Optolong CLS Nikon Clip Filter is made Schott glass that has been multi-coated with ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved.
Transmission Characteristics of CLS Filter
- 95% transmission H-Beta 486nm
- 95% transmission OIII 496nm and 500nm
- 95% transmission H-Alpha 656nm
- 95% transmission SII 672nm
- 0.1% transmission Hg at 435nm and 578nm
- 0.1% transmission Na at 589nm
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 1.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- Main nebula emission lines has a transmission of 95%
- Off-band (major emission lines of artificial light pollution) transmission is 0.1%
- High-value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogeneous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong CLS Filter in Nikon D5100 Clip Format
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: Nikon D5100 Clip
- Filter Type: Light Pollution
- Filter Shape: Nikon Clip
- Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of