ZWO Hα 7 nm Filter - 1.25" - Ha7nm1.25
Optolong H-Alpha 7nm Filter - EOS Full Frame Clip - EOSFF-HAL7 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Optolong 1.25" Filter Set with H-Alpha, SII, and OIII Filters - HASIIOIII-125
Optolong 36mm Unmounted Filter Set with H-Alpha, SII, and OIII Filters - HASIIOIII-36U
Optolong 31mm Unmounted Filter Set with H-Alpha, SII, and OIII Filters - HASIIOIII-31U
Optolong 2" Filter Set with H-Alpha, SII, and OIII Filters - HASIIOIII-200
Optolong 36mm Unmounted LRGB and 7nm H-Alpha Filter Set - LRGB-HA-36U
Optolong 31mm Unmounted LRGB and 7nm H-Alpha Filter Set - LRGB-HA-31U
Optolong H-Alpha 7nm EOS Full Frame Filter for Canon EOS Full Frame Cameras
Optolong's H-Alpha 7nm is a very narrow emission-line filter designed specifically for Canon EOS Full Frame Cameras. This filter allows a 7nm bandwidth of light, centered on the 656nm wavelength to pass through. The filter blocks the transmission of light pollution wavelengths detrimental to contrast as well. Wavelengths notorious for natural light pollution, or skyglow, are greatly reduced along with artificial light pollution caused by high and low-pressure sodium vapor and mercury vapor lights. This produces a high contrast image, showing you the H-alpha line in all its glory.
This Optolong H-Alpha EOS Full Frame filter will provide the ultimate in contrast between the skyglow background and H-alpha emitting objects, but because it has an FWHM of just 7nm, you won’t see as many stars in the final image as you would with the Optolong 12nm H-Alpha Filter. Use this filter alone for CCD or DSLR imaging, or use together with OIII 6.5nm and SII 6.5nm filters to get a tricolor image of the gaseous nebula from light polluted skies.
The Optolong 2” H-Alpha 7nm Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved.
Using a Clip Filter on your Canon Full Frame Camera
- The Optolong EOS FF Clip filter can be inserted without tools; just use your fingers to insert or remove the filter. Once inserted correctly, it cannot unintentionally fall out.
- No changes to the housing of Canon EOS DSLR are required. All lens functions will work with the Clip installed, including focus, screen, and image stabilization,
- The Optolong clip filter prevents dust from settling on the sensor during long exposures.
- The EOS FF clip filters are compatible with EOS Full Frame series cameras, such as the 1D X, 5D, and 6D. If you have a standard APS-C EOS camera, Optolong offers clip filters for these cameras as well.
- Optolong Clip Filters do not function with the Canon EF-S series lenses. These lenses invade the space inside the camera body that would normally be taken up by the clip filter.
- To use EOS/T2 and 2” adapters to attach your camera to a telescope you’ll need to insert the Clip-Filter first and then install the desired lens adapters.
Please Note: This h-alpha filter is NOT for use on the Sun. To do so could cause irreparable eye damage or blindness. Don’t even think about it!
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 1.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 80% transmission at H-alpha 656nm
- 0.1% transmission Hg at 435nm and 578nm
- 0.1% transmission Na at 589nm
- High value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogenous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong H-Alpha 7nm Filter in Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Format
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: EOS Full Frame Clip
- Filter Type: Narrowband Imaging
- Filter Shape: EOS Clip
- Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of