Optolong H-Alpha 7nm Filter - Nikon D5100 Clip - NIKD5-HAL7 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Optolong H-Alpha 7nm Nikon Clip Filter for Nikon D5100 Cameras
Optolong's H-Alpha 7nm is a very narrow emission-line filter that enables a 7nm bandwidth of light, centered on the 656nm wavelength to pass through. The filter also blocks the transmission of light pollution wavelengths detrimental to contrast. Wavelengths notorious for natural light pollution, or skyglow, are greatly reduced along with artificial light pollution caused by high and low pressure sodium vapor and mercury vapor lights. This produces a high contrast image, unvieling the H-alpha line in all its glory.
This Optolong H-Alpha Nikon D5 Clip filter will provide the ultimate in contrast between the skyglow background and H-alpha emitting objects, but because it has a FWHM of just 7nm, you won’t see as many stars in the final image as you would with the Optolong 12nm H-Alpha Filter. Use this filter alone for DSLR imaging, or use in conjunction with OIII 6.5nm and SII 6.5nm filters to get a tricolor image of gaseous nebula from light polluted skies.
The Optolong Nikon Clip H-Alpha 7nm Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved.
Using a Clip Filter on your Nikon D5100 Camera
- The Optolong Nikon Clip filter can be inserted without tools; just use your fingers to insert or remove the filter. Once inserted correctly, it cannot unintentionally fall out.
- No changes to the housing of Nikon DSLR are required. All lens functions will work with the Clip installed, including focus, screen, and image stabilization,
- The Optolong clip filter prevents dust from settling on the sensor during long exposures.
- Nikon D5 clip filters are compatible with Nikon D5100 cameras. If you have a Nikon D7000 or D7100 camera, Optolong offers clip filters for these cameras as well.
- To use adapters to attach your camera to a telescope you’ll need to insert the Clip-Filter first and then install the desired lens adapters.
Please Note: This h-alpha filter is NOT for use on the Sun. To do so could cause irreparable eye damage or blindness. Don’t even think about it!
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 1.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 80% transmission at H-alpha 656nm
- 0.1% transmission Hg at 435nm and 578nm
- 0.1% transmission Na at 589nm
- High value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogenous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong H-Alpha 7nm Filter in Nikon D5100 Clip Format
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: Nikon D5100 Clip
- Filter Type: Narrowband Imaging
- Filter Shape: Nikon Clip
- Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of