Zhumell 1.25 inch Ultra High Contrast UHC Telescope Filter - ZHUL063-1
Optolong L-Pro Filter - 50mm Unmounted - LPRO-50U is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Celestron UHC/LPR Telescope Filter - 1.25 Inch - 94123
Celestron Telescope UHC/LPR Filter - 2 Inch - 94124
Optolong 1.25" Filter Set with H-Alpha, SII, and OIII Filters - HASIIOIII-125
Optolong L-Pro Broadband Filter - 50mm Unmounted
The L-Pro Broadband filter from Optolong is excellent for visual and photographic use with CCD cameras and DSLRs. By expanding the transmission band, you will find images of broadband emission objects will have a nominal color cast for superior color balance. Use the L-Pro filter alone to suppress infrared wavelengths when doing photography, or as a light pollution suppression filter when observing visually.
By reducing the transmission of artificial and natural light pollution, including neutral oxygen (skyglow) as well as light given off from mercury and sodium vapor lamps, the background sky will become darker, allowing the good stuff to shine through. High transmission of main nebulae emission lines at OIII, H-Beta, NII, H-alpha, and SII, when combined with the precision off-band blocking of contrast-killing light pollution, makes this filter perfect for most emission nebulae, reflection nebula, and dark nebulae.
The Optolong 50mm Unmounted L-Pro Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. It comes unmounted and is meant to be fitted into a color filter wheel that accepts 50mm filters.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- High transmission at major nebula emission lines (i.e. H-alpha 656nm, OIII 496nm and 500nm, SII 672nm and H-beta 486nm)
- Precision off-band blocking, specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution (i.e. Na 589nm, Hg 435nm and 578nm)
- High-value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogeneous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong 50mm Unmounted L-Pro Filter
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: 50 mm
Filter Type: Light Pollution
Filter Shape: Round
Mounted or Unmounted: Unmounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of