Optolong OIII CCD 12nm Filter - 2"
The O-III 12nm is a versatile Narrowband Filter designed by Optolong. The Oxygen III filter transmits just a 12nm bandwidth of light that is centered at 500nm and virtually eliminates other transmissions, such as wavelengths of light that create artificial and natural light pollution. It blocks infrared wavelengths from 700 to 1100nm as well, so you don't need a separate IR-Cut filter.
This filter does wonders when imaging emission and planetary nebulae and does a great job on supernova remnants as well. The Optolong 12nm Oxygen III filter can be used alone to pull out the blue-green structure in star-forming regions and emission nebulae or in conjunction with H-Alpha and SII 12nm filters for false color emission line images like the Hubble Space Telescope.
The Optolong 2” OIII 12nm Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. The filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved. The result is a super thin filter cell that will produce a clear aperture of 45mm.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 90% transmission at OIII line 500nm
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- 0.1% transmission Hg at 435nm and 578nm
- 0.1% transmission Na at 589nm
- High-value transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band is assured through Optolong’s planetary rotation system, a homogeneous and precise coating procedure
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
- Thin metal cells have a clear aperture of 45mm for 2” filters
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
- Optolong 2" OIII CCD 12nm Filter
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: 50.8mm (2")
Filter Type: Narrowband Imaging
Filter Shape: Round
- Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of