Optolong UV-IR Cut Filter - 1.25" Mounted - UVIR-125
Optolong OWB Original White Balance Filter - EOS Full Frame Clip - EOSFF-OWB is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Optolong OWB Original White Balance Filter for Nikon D7000 or D7100 Cameras
The clip-in OWB filter by Optolong will enable you to utilize your Canon camera for terrestrial imaging once again.This is ideal for a Canon EOS Full Frame camera that has already been converted for use of astro-imaging. Clip the filter in to take terrestrial images, and easily remove it when you are ready to do astrophotography—it's a snap!
The Optolong EOS Full Frame OWB Clip Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. Each filter cell is made of lightweight, strong metal and is CNC machined, sand-blasted, black anodized, and then laser engraved.
Using a Clip Filter on your Canon Full Frame Camera
- The Optolong EOS FF Clip filter can be inserted without tools; just use your fingers to insert or remove the filter. Once inserted correctly, it cannot unintentionally fall out.
- No changes to the housing of Canon EOS DSLR are required. All lens functions will work with the Clip installed, including focus, screen, and image stabilization,
- The Optolong clip filter prevents dust from settling on the sensor during long exposures.
- Optolong Clip Filters do not function with the Canon EF-S series lenses. These lenses invade the space inside the camera body that would normally be taken up by the clip filter.
- To use EOS/T2 and 2” adapters to attach your camera to a telescope you’ll need to insert the Clip-Filter first and then install the desired lens adapters.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 1.0mm thick
- CNC machined and black anodized aero-metal filter cell that is ultra-thin to provide largest clear aperture; Laser-engraved to prevent fading
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- Optolong’s planetary rotation system is a homogenous and precise coating procedure that ensures both high transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
Optolong OWB Filter in Canon EOS Full Frame Clip Format
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: EOS Full Frame Clip
Filter Type: Color Correction/Contrast
Filter Shape: EOS Clip
Mounted or Unmounted: Mounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of