Optolong UV-IR Cut Filter - 31mm Unmounted
Improve sharpness in your views with this UV-IR Cut Filter, by Optolong, by blocking Ultraviolet and Infrared transmissions while allowing the visible spectrum to pass through. The IR (700nm to 1100nm) and UV (300nm - 400nm) part of the spectrum are not visible to the human eye but can be detrimental to CCD and many other digital. These cameras are highly sensitive to 300nm to 1100nm. With the Optolong UV-IR Cut filter installed, violet halos and an overall soft image are drastically reduced. This filter also reflects heat radiation and provides excellent protection against dust.
The Optolong 31mm Unmounted UV-IR Cut Filter is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength, or CWL. This UV-IR Cut filter is designed to be used with color filter wheels that accept 31mm unmounted filters.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 95% transmission at visible spectral region 420-680nm highly passing the major nebula emission lines of H-Alpha 656nm, SII 672nm and NII 654nm and 658nm
- Ultraviolet 300-400nm and infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- Optolong’s planetary rotation system is a homogenous and precise coating procedure that ensures both high transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high-pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design, and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.
- Optolong 31mm Unmounted UV-IR Cut Filter
- Filter Case
Dimensions & Specifications
Filter Size: 31 mm
Filter Type: UV/IR and/or Luminance
Filter Shape: Round
Mounted or Unmounted: Unmounted
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of