QHY163C Cooled USB 3.0 CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY163C is a high quality cooled color camera that will produce amazing images of the Moon, the planets, and deep sky objects! It is capable of creating 4K Ultra High Definition video at 30 FPS, and will perform at 22.5 frames per second at full resolution. The QHY 163C sports a back-illuminated 16 megapixel, 4656 x 3522 CMOS sensor housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on the sensor or window. This 4/3" format high resolution sensor uses 3.8 µm pixels and has an extremely low read noise of 1.2e.
The ability to cool your camera will reduce dark noise in your images. Cooling is especially helpful when imaging on warm summer nights! The QHY163C imaging camera has two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation that allows temperatures to reach a maximum of -40ºC below ambient. QHY has also tackled the problem of dew that can form on your sensor or sensor window, especially on damp nights. The QHY163 sensor chamber is fully sealed to keep air out, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a window heater to keep everything nice and dry.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer.
All semiconductors produce a small amount of light when powered up, causing brighter spots in the corners of the sensor where the high gain amplifiers are housed. Amplifier glow is most noticeable during long exposures. The QHY163C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly.
- QHY163C Color ColdMOS Imaging Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- Self-Locking Power Cable
- 6-Pin Guide Cable
- Car Power Adapter
- Drying Tube
- M42/2" Adapter (56mm diameter max)
- Driver Download Card
- Inspection Report
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Color
- CMOS Sensor Model: 4/3" Sony IMX163
- Resolution: 16 MP
- Effective Pixels: 4656 x 3522
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Effective Area: 17.7mm x 13.4mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Full Well Capacity: Typical 18-20ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e@low gain; 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate 8-Bit: 22.5 FPS @ full resolution; 30 FPS @ 4K HD Video; 57 FPS @ 1920 x 1080; 60 FPS @ 1280 x 1024; 80 FPS @ 1024 x 768; 100 fps @ 800 x 600
- ROI Support: Yes
- Minimum Exposure: 50 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1800 sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10-Bit/12-Bit (8-Bit/12-Bit output)
- On-Camera Image Buffer: 128MB DDRII
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC temperature regulated typical -40ºC below ambient
- Power: USB powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti-Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CMOS chamber.
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0 super speed
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75 & 2" adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock; USB 3.0 socket; 4PIN QHYCFW; 6PIN RJ11
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
DocumentationQHY163 User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of