QHY224C Cooled CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY224C is a cooled USB 3.0 color imaging camera that is great for both planetary and deep sky imaging. The 224C sports a 1/3" Sony IMX224 CMOS sensor with 1280 x 960 effective 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm pixels. The IMX224C sensor is housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on either the sensor or window.
The QHY224C comes with a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40ºC below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY224. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights.
A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well.
The QHY224C camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 Guide Port and a 4-pin CFW2 Filter Wheel Control Port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience.
- QHYCCD QHY224C Color USB 3.0 COLDMOS Imaging Camera
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Self-Locking Power Cable
- 6-Pin Guide Cable
- Car Power Adapter
- Drying Tube
- 2" M42 Adapter (Max diameter: 56mm)
- Driver Download Card
- Inspection Report
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Color
- Sensor Model: Sony IMX224 CMOS
- Sensor Dimensions: 4.8mm x 3.6mm (effective area)
- Pixel Array: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Full Well Capacity: 19ke
- Output Sample Depth: 12-Bit/8-Bit
- Minimum Exposure Time: 7 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 400 sec
- On Camera Image Buffer: 128MB DDRII
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC temperature regulation down to a typical -40ºC below Ambient
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CMOS chamber
- Computer Interface: USB 3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42x0.75 & 2" adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4-pin QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6-pin RJ11
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock; USB 3.0 socket; 4-pin QHYCFW; 6-pin RJ11
- Optic Window: IR+AR
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
DocumentationSmall ColdMOS Manual
QHYCCD WDM Driver Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of