QHY MiniCam5F Monochrome Camera with 9-Position Filter Wheel and 12mm LRGB, OIII, Ha, SII, Methane, and Black Filters
The QHY MiniCam5F is a cooled CMOS camera with a built-in 9-position motor driven color filter wheel that accepts QHY’s 12mm mini filters. This model comes with nine filters, including luminance, red, green, blue (LRGB), h-alpha, OIII, SII, methane, and a black filter for capturing dark frames.
This small but powerful astro camera can be used for video planetary imaging as well as brighter deep-sky objects. Planetary nebulae, globular clusters and small galaxies are within the reach of the MiniCam5F, and if you have a short focal length telescope, larger diffuse nebulae will make great targets.
The QHY MiniCam5F uses the Aptina 1.2 megapixel MT9M034 CMOS monochrome sensor, with a 1280 x 960 pixel array made up of 3.75 µm square pixels. This sensor has extremely low readout noise and a QE of 74%. It is capable of capturing data at 30 FPS for full resolution, and 200 frames per second at a resolution of 320 x 240.
Amazingly, the MiniCam5F includes a regulated dual-stage TEC that can cool the camera to a maximum of -38ºC below ambient. A built-in heater will help keep moisture from forming on the chamber window, but a silicon gel tube is included that will allow you to dry the chamber manually.
- QHYCCD MiniCam5F Monochrome CMOS Camera with 9-Position Filter Wheel
- 12mm Luminance Mini Filter
- 12mm Red Mini Filter
- 12mm Green Mini Filter
- 12mm Blue Mini Filter
- 12mm H-Alpha Mini Filter
- 12mm OIII Mini Filter
- 12mm SII Mini Filter
- 12mm Methane Mini Filter
- 12mm Black Mini Filter
- 1.25" C-Mount
- USB Cable
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Dry Tube Silicon Gel
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Mono
- Sensor Model: Aptina MT9M034 CMOS
- Imager Size: Typical 1/3"
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Minimum Exposure Time: 10 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1800 sec
- Max Frame Rate: 30 FPS @ 1280 x 960; 106 FPS @ 640 x 480
- Pixel Binning: 1x1; 2x2
- Peak QE: 74%
- ADC: 8-Bit/12-Bit (output)
- Readout Clock: 48MHz/72MHz
- Readout Noise: High Gain 2e-; Medium Gain 4e-; Low Gain 7e-
- Full Well Capacity: 18ke-
- Optic Window: AR glass
- Silicon Gel Socket: Yes
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC to maximum -38ºC below ambient
- Power Consumption: 0% Cooling power at 3.7W; 50% Cooling Power at 11W
- Guider Interface: N/A
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0
- Filter Wheel: Built-in 9-position motor driven CFW for 12mm round mini filters
- Weight: 13.1 oz.
DocumentationMiniCam5F User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of