QHY MiniCam5S Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY MiniCam5S is a cooled CMOS monochrome camera that can be used for deep space and planetary imaging. It also makes a nice mono guide camera.
The QHY MiniCam5S uses the Aptina 1.2 megapixel MT9M034 CMOS monochrome sensor, with a 1280 x 960 pixel array made up of 3.75 µm square pixels. This sensor has extremely low readout noise and a QE of 74%. It is capable of capturing data at 30 FPS for full resolution, and 200 FPS at a resolution of 320 x 240.
Amazingly, the MiniCam5S includes a regulated dual-stage TEC that can cool the camera to a maximum of -38ºC below ambient. A built-in heater will help keep moisture from forming on the chamber window, but a silicon gel tube is included that will allow you to dry the chamber manually.
The MiniCam5S uses an industry standard 5PIN Lemo guide port. QHYCCD is the first manufacturer that uses this more expensive Lemo-style connector, which provides a superior connection between the camera and another device. The MiniCam5S supports on-camera guiding with 12-bit image output.
- QHY MiniCam5S Monochrome CMOS Camera
- Camera Mount
- USB Cable
- DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter
- Dry Tube Silicon Gel
- 5-pin Lemo to 6-pin RJ11 Guide Cable
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Cooled Mono
- Sensor Model: Aptina MT9M034 CMOS
- Imager Size: Typical 1/3"
- Resolution: 1.2 MP
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Shutter: Electric Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 10 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1800 sec
- Max Frame Rate: 30 FPS @ 1280 x 960; 106 FPS @ 640 x 480
- Pixel Binning: 1x1; 2x2
- Peak QE: 74%
- AD Conversion: 8-Bit/12-Bit (output)
- Readout Clock: 48MHz/72MHz
- Readout Noise: High Gain 2e-; Medium Gain 4e-; Low Gain 7e-
- Full Well Capacity: 18ke
- Mechanical Interface: M42/1.25" T-Ring/C-Mount
- Optic Window: AR+AR clear glass
- Silicon Gel Socket: Yes
- Cooling: Two-stage TEC to -40ºC below ambient maximum
- Power Consumption: 50% Cooling Power at 10.7W
- Guiding Interface: 5-pin Lemo Style Industry Socket
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0
- Filter Wheel: Built-in
- Weight: 9.9 oz.
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of