QHYCCD Mini Guidescope Only for QHY5 Series Cameras - MINIGUIDESCOPE
QHY5III224 Color CMOS Imaging & Guide Camera
The QHY5III224 camera uses the Sony 1/3" IMX224 Exmor CMOS color sensor. This CMOS sensor has been revealed to have the highest sensitivity among Sony's small sensors. The IMX224's ultra low readout noise is the reason for its high sensitivity. Low readout noise makes it better equipped to take in faint light without being flooded by background noise. This aspect is beneficial for high ratio planetary imaging.
A super fast USB 3.0 interface with 150 FPS at 1280 x 960 full size output helps the QHY5III224 reduce atmospheric agitation. The camera includes both 8bit and 12bit transfer modes. With an exposure time range between 20 µs and 1200 seconds, the QHY5III224 is not only suitable for planetary imaging and guiding, it is an excellent instrument for some elementary deep sky imaging as well.
The QHY5III224 uses a compact 1.25" eyepiece format and is compatible with CS adapters. Its design incorporates a 5-pin LEMO socket for guiding. LEMO connectors are well-known for their toughness and durability.
This QHY5III USB 3.0 camera is only available in a color model.
- QHYCCD QHY5III224 Color CMOS Camera
- 1.5 m USB 3.0 Cable
- 1.5 m 5PIN Lemo to RJ11 Guide Cable
- Confocal Ring
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: QHY Color
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX224 Exmor
- Imager Size: 1/3"
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960 (2.35 MP)
- Effective Area: 4.8mm x 3.6mm
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: 19ke-
- Readout Noise: 0.5-0.7e@middle gain with HGC mode; 3e@lowest gain with LGC mode
- Shutter: Rolling Electric
- Maximum Frame Rate (8bit): 150 FPS @ 1280x960; 300 FPS @ 640x480; 557FPS @ 320x240
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/12-Bit; Output 8-Bit/12-Bit
- Minimum Exposure Time: 7 µs
- Maximum Exposure Time: 429 second
- Binning Modes: 1x1; 2x2
- MicroLens: Onchip micro lens array
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight considerably)
- Guide Port: 5pin Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focus: Approx. 11mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" (31.6mm diameter)
- Optic Window: AR+IR cut 680 nm (Color)
- Support Software: ASCOM; SharpCAP; FireCapture
- Weight: 3 oz.
DocumentationQHY5III Series User's Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of