TeleVue Advanced Tele-Pod Mount with Aluminum Tripod
Best equipped for lighter TeleVue scopes up to the TV-76 (or the TV-85 if employed for terrestrial use), the TeleVue Tele-Pod Advanced Alt-Azimuth Mount is a compact, easy to use travel mount. The TeleVue Tele-Pod offers the modest size, lightweight, and flexibility of a photo-tripod, combined with the smooth, balanced alt-azimuth motions of the yoke and cradle mount head.
The Tele-Pod consists of a mount head for supporting the telescope, and an aluminum tripod with rubber feet for supporting the mount. The mount head facilitates both vertical and horizontal motion and features stable functioning altitude and azimuth bearings with tension adjustments, Delrin scope stop for accidental objective "nose dives," and both 3/8-16 and 1/4-20 attachment holes on the azimuth bearing plate's underside.
TeleVue Sky Tour Computer Specifications
- 10-character red LED display
- 5-level display dimming
- Display Resolution: 1 minute, right ascension; 0.1º declination
- STAR FIX - Alignment mode using convenient star list
- RA DEC - Current right ascension and declination
- CATALOG - Complete database of celestial objects
- GUIDE - Shows direction and distance to object
- ALIGN - Uses full database to fine-tune alignment
- IDENTIFY - Identifies object by type
Tom Lorenzin 2000+ object catalog database includes:
- 110 Messier objects
- Selected NGC objects
- Selected IC objects
- Selected Non-Standard objects
- Selected colored, double, and multiple stars
- 31 alignment stars
- 8 planets
- Customizable FAVorites database that can hold up to 99 objects
- Coordinate Epoch: AD 2000
Telescope Mounting Types:
- Tele Vue Alt/Az
- Dobsonian Alt/Az
- Custom Alt/Az
- German Equatorial
- Alt/Azimuth Setup: Requires 2-star alignment - no input for latitude, longitude, date or time required
- Encoder Resolution: 2160 step, 0.167-degree per step (10-arcminute per step) encoders
- Sampling Rate: 0.5 ms
- Maximum Slew Rate: 160 degrees per second
- Sidereal Clock Accuracy: 0.01%
- Dimensions: 2.8" x 4.6" x 1.1"
- Weight: 6 oz. including 9v battery
- Power Requirements: 5.1 to 14V DC Reverse polarity protected
- TeleVue Tele-Pod Advanced Mount
- Aluminum Tripod
- Sky Tour Computer
- Mount Handle
- Tripod Bag
Dimensions & Specifications
- Mount Type: Alt-Azimuth
- Mount Electronics: Manual
- Power Options: No Power Required
- Mount Latitude Range: +85º to -10º
- Mount Weight: 9 lbs.
- Includes Tripod: Yes
- Tripod Height Range: 28.8" to 60"
- Tripod Leg Material: Aluminum
DocumentationTele Vue Tele-Pod Mount Instructions
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of