When I first started in amateur astronomy, I did as most beginners and purchased a department store telescope that advertised the most power. (700x I believe) Unfortunately, again like most beginners, I found that the advertised power was impossible due to the size of the telescope and more importantly the lack of stability of the mount.
Time and again I speak to parents and children who tell me how frustrated they are that after finding Saturn in a beginner telescope they can’t get a good view of the rings because the mount is too shaky or the telescope controls too difficult to adjust. I hear many tell me that they tried once many years ago and now the scope is sitting in a closet collecting dust!
The NEW Porta Mount II is an easy to use, light weight, stable mount. It has the vixen dove tail connection to easily attach your telescope and smooth friction bearing up-down / right-left hand controls.
If you are looking for the an affordable starting package, the A70Lf with Porta Mount II is the one. This package combines sharp optics and a rock solid, light weight mount. It takes just seconds to place the telescope on the mount and you are ready for an evening of observing.
The A70lf / Porta II Package is complete with:
- Vixen A70Lf 70mm f/12.9 telescope.
- A smaller 6 power finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield.
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A70Lf to the Vixen Porta II mount.
- Porta II Mount with locking extension legs, accessory tray, flexible handle slow motion control, adjustment tool set, and removable mount head.
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
Highest Useful Magnification
Porta Mount II
Objective Lens Size Code
Viewing the Planets
Viewing the Moon
Vixen A70Lf Refractor Telescopes
For the Beginner
4 lbs Weight Optical Tube
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of