ZWO Off-Axis Guider - OAG
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Kit 2
This ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Kit 2 comes with the ASI1600 Pro Monochrome camera, as well as a set of 31 mm LRGB filters, 31 mm H-Alpha, OIII, and SII narrowband filters, and an 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" or 31 mm filters!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
ZWO ASI1600 Pro cameras offer excellent astro-imaging performance with low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range. Despite a 12-bit ADC, this camera provides 12.5 stops of dynamic range due to its ultra-low read noise, an improvement over even the KAF8300.
The ASI1600 Pro chamber is designed to be sealed using four screws. Full testing has shown this structure to be exceptionally stable. Dew problems do not affect the performance of the ASI1600, even in highly humid environments.
DDR Memory Buffer
For better data transfer stability without amp-glow caused by slow speed data transfer during readout using a USB2.0 port, the ASI1600 Pro includes an upgraded PCB board with one 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This DDR memory buffer is the key difference that separates ASI "Pro" cameras from ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 port provides 5 gb of bandwith to power the ASI1600 Pro for operation at 14.7 fps in 12bit normal mode, or 19 fps in 23bit high-speed mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). ZWO recommends using either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery to supply power for the cooler.
A wide range of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser, can be connected to the ASI1600 Pro via its USB 2.0 HUB. This enables easier cable management. Power comes from two included short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables, or an external source if connected.
This camera features a two-stage TEC cooling system for very deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. An external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is necessary to power the cooler.
ZWO 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel
This Electronic Filter Wheel (EFW) from ZWO has slots for up to eight 1.25" mounted or 31 mm unmounted filters. Included set screws and washers are used to hold the 31 mm filters in place.
The body of the EFW8 is black anodized and made from CNC machined aircraft-grade aluminum. Even though the EFW8 weighs in at only 14 ounces, it features remarkably sturdy construction. On the inside, a stepper motor from NPM in Japan is used to turn the carousel in either a clockwise or counterclockwise direction. A USB2.0 hub and included USB cable are used to power the EFW8.
ZWO 31mm LRGB Filter Set
- These 31 mm unmounted LRGB filters are designed for use with the ASI1600 Pro monochrome sensor
- Set includes Luminance (Ir-Cut), Red, Green, and Blue 31 mm filters
- 92%+ passband light transmission
- Compared to standard LRGB filters, you'll experience better transmission, color separation, and coatings
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Delicate optical polishing ensures 1/4 wavefront precision
- Multiple anti-reflection coating layers enhance performance
- All filters in this LRGB set feature a small spectral gap to reduce the effect of light pollution
ZWO 31mm Unmounted Narrowband Filters
The effects of light pollution are not eliminated by Narrowband filters, and object brightness is not enhanced. In several cases, they highlight the contrast between nebulae and the night sky even more while not brightening the nebula.
This narrowband filter reduces the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, particularly those produced by artificial sources like mercury vapor, both high and low-pressure sodium vapor, and unwanted natural light produced by our atmosphere's neutral oxygen emissions (skyglow).
- ZWO's 31mm 7 nm H-Alpha Filter passes light at 656 nm wavelength and has a light transmission that comes up to 80%. Best fit for high contrast imaging to bring out brilliant detail in nebulae when working in areas with strong light pollution.
- The ZWO 31mm SII Filter with 7 nm bandpass is designed for visual observation of most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, as well as the remnants of supernovae. It passes light at 672 nm wavelength. Use this filter with the H-Alpha and OIII narrowband filters to enable tricolor CCD astrophotography.
- Designed for nebula observing, the ZWO 31mm OIII Filter with 7 nm bandpass allows 500 nm wavelength light to pass through, analogous to OIII emission lines, while blocking any additional light. Adding this OIII Narrowband filter to your imaging repertoire will help take your imaging outside the limits of RGB to facilitate the capture of your most favored nebulae in a brand new light, no matter the severity of light pollution.
- ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Imaging Camera
- 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 31mm or 1.25" Filters
- 31mm Luminance Filter
- 31mm Red Filter
- 31mm Green Filter
- 31mm Blue Filter
- 31mm H-Alpha Filter
- 31mm SII Filter
- 31mm OIII Filter
- Camera Bag
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- M42-M48 Adapter
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- T2-1.25" Adapter
- 2x Spacers
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 21.9mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20ke
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of