ZWO USB3.0 Type-B Cable - USB3-2M
ZWO ASI185 USB 3.0 Color Astronomy Camera - ASI185MC is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
ZWO ASI120MC-S Super Speed Color CMOS Astronomy Camera - ASI120MC-S
ZWO ASI120MM-S Super Speed Monochrome CMOS Astronomy Camera - ASI120MM-S
ZWO ASI185MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera
Great for all astronomical imaging applications, the ZWO ASI185MC body has a high-speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2” interface with M42x0.75 internal threads, a 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an IR-cut window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The focus distance to the sensor is 12.5mm.
The ZWO ASI185MC imaging camera houses a Sony IMX185 Exmor sensor, with 2.3M 3.5 µm pixels in a 1944 x 1224 format. The IMX185 CMOS sensor has extremely low read noise of 3.3 e, and is highly sensitive, especially in the near-infrared. The ZWO ASI185MC color camera, when compared to the ASI224MC, has a larger sensor with the same size pixels, but the read noise is a little higher on the 185 as opposed to the 224.
Sony IMX185 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX185 sensor offers extremely low read noise (3.3e).
- The image array for the IMX185 is 1945 x 1225, with a pixel size of 3.75 microns.
- This sensor supports an optical size of type 1/2 full HD.
- The pixel sensitivity is 1120 mV.
- Sensitivity has been improved in the near-infrared light region - 1.8X that of a comparable sensor.
- The IMX185 is a Sony Exmor high-performance CMOS image sensor with high-speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).
- ZWO ASI185MC USB 3.0 Color CMOS Imaging Camera
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: ZWO ASI185
- Sensor Model: 1/1.9" Sony IMX185 color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3 MP
- Pixel Array: 1944 x 1224
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 108 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 268.4 FPS
- Optic Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 1000 sec
- Read Noise: 3.3e
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12-Bit output (12-Bit ADC)
- Cooling: Natural Convection
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.23 oz.
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac; Windows; Linux
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of