ZWO Soft Bag for Cooled Cameras - SOFTBAG1
ZWO ASI290MC Cooled USB 3.0 Color Imaging Camera - ASI290MC-COOL is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
ZWO ASI290MC Cooled Color CMOS Imaging Camera
ZWO's ASI290MC uses the Sony IMX290/291 color 1/3" CMOS 2.13 MP sensor, with a 1936 x 1096 array of 2.9 µm pixels. This sensor has extremely low read noise of 1.0e at 30db gain and can fire off a maximum of 170 FPS at full resolution. This makes the ZWO ASI290MC cooled camera great for lunar, solar, and planetary imaging, and can even capture deep sky images.
The ZWO ASI290MC body has been updated to include a removable M42 adapter and has a back focus of 12.5mm. Besides the two-stage TEC cooling, a high-speed USB hub, and an AR window are also features of this ZWO imaging camera. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Regulated Two Stage TEC Cooling!
The cooled version of the ZWO ASI290MC camera allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient. Below are the extra features that can be found on the camera body, specifically related to the cooling feature:
- Just below the USB hub (dual 2.0 Out and 3.0 In), you'll find a 2.1 mm center positive input for a cooler power supply (not included) ZWO recommends 12VDC at 2A max
- Below the power supply input is a Cooler Power indicator LED light
- A huge heat sink, which is nearly 2/3 the size of the camera, is located on the side of the body
- The top of the camera sports a MagLev fan, which utilizes the attraction of the magnetic levitation force for low acoustic noise, high temperature endurance, and long life.
More about the Sony IMX290LRQ Sensor
The Sony IMX290/291LRQ uses STARVIS back-illuminated pixel technology for improvements in visible and IR light regions. Besides a back-illuminated structure, the Sony IMX290LRQ also has an expanded photodiode area. When applied simultaneously, these features improve sensitivity in both light regions compared to the existing front-illuminated structure.
The IMX290/291 has a diagonal size of 6.46mm (Type 1/2.8) and uses a 2.9 µm square pixel that was newly developed by Sony to further enhance picture quality at low illuminations.
Please Note: We recommend a 12V at 2.5A or more DC adapter and a battery from 9-15V to power your cooler.
- ZWO ASI290MC Cooled Color USB 3.0 Astronomy Camera
- Camera Bag
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 2x 0.5 m USB 2.0 Cables
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 1/2.8" Color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.13 MP
- Diagonal: 6.46mm
- Image Array: 1936 x 1096
- Pixel Size: 2.9 µm x 2.9 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 170 FPS
- Window: AR
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 s
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.0e at 30db gain
- Full Well: 14.6ke
- Back Focus Distance: 12.5mm
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- ADC: 12bit
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 78mm Diameter
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45ºC below ambient
- Cooler Power Consumption: 12V at 2A Max
- Weight: 410 g (14.5 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of