ZWO Soft Bag for Cooled Cameras - SOFTBAG1
ZWO ASI290MM Cooled USB 3.0 Monochrome Imaging Camera with EFW Mini & 1.25" LRGB Filter Set - ASI290MM-COOL-KIT1 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
ZWO ASI290MM Cooled Monochrome Imaging Camera
ZWO's ASI290MM cooled CMOS camera is designed for a wide range of astrophotography uses, including imaging the Moon, Sun, planets, and is even deep sky objects. The camera uses the Sony IMX290/291 monochrome 1/3" CMOS 2.13 MP sensor with a 1936 x 1096 array of 2.9 µm pixels and features a surprisingly low read noise of 1.0e at 30db gain with a maximum frame rate of 170 FPS at full resolution.
The body of the ZWO ASI290MM, with a back focus of 12.5 mm, has been updated to include a removable M42 adapter. Additional features include two-stage TEC cooling, a high-speed USB hub, and IR-Cut window. Includes software that is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Everything necessary to control your ZWO camera is available and easy to download from a single centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
Regulated Two-Stage TEC Cooling!
The cooled ZWO ASI290MM version enables the sensor to be cooled down to between 35ºC and 40ºC below ambient. Extra features relating to cooling that can be found on the camera body are listed below:
- Just below the USB hub (dual 2.0 Out and 3.0 In), you'll find a 2.1 mm center positive input for a cooler power supply (not included). ZWO recommends 12VDC at 2A max.
- Below the power supply input is a Cooler Power indicator LED light.
- A giant heat sink, which is almost 2/3 the size of the camera, can be found on the side of the body.
- A MagLev fan which uses magnetic levitation force attraction for low acoustic noise, high-temperature capacity, and lasting life, is located on the top of the camera.
Sony IMX290LRQ Sensor
Sony's IMX290/291LRQ sensor utilizes STARVIS back-illuminated pixel technology to enhance the visible and IR light regions. Aside from a back-illuminated structure, the Sony IMX290LRQ also features an increased photodiode area. Taken together, these features offer improvement in both light regions over the existing front-illuminated structure.
The IMX290/291 has a diagonal size of 6.46mm (Type 1/2.8) and uses a 2.9 µm square pixel that was developed by Sony to further enhance picture quality at low illuminations.
Please Note: We recommend a 12V at 2.5A or more DC adapter and a battery from 9-15V to power your cooler.
ZWO Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- Compact enough to fit in your hand, this Mini Electronic Filter Wheel has a weight of just 300 grams (10.6 ounces), making it the most lightweight and compact filter wheel of its kind.
- The EFW Mini body sports an exceptionally thin 20mm design and is constructed from CNC-machined aircraft grade aluminum.
- At the heart of the EFW Mini is the step motor, manufactured by NPM in Japan so you can be confident in its quality and reliability.
- Capable of holding five 1.25" or 31 mm filters. Offers clockwise as well as counterclockwise rotation for selecting filters.
- Only one USB cable is need to power the EFW Mini, as maximum power consumption is around 120ma @5V, so you can connect it to your cooled camera's USB 2.0 hub.
- When connected to the recommended ASI1600, the filter to sensor distance is approximately 10 mm.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- More than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700 - 1100 nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layered anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize the effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 1.9+/-0.03mm
- ZWO ASI290MM Cooled USB 3.0 Monochrome Astronomy Camera
- 5-Position 1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- 1.25" Luminance Filter
- 1.25" Red Filter
- 1.25" Green Filter
- 1.25" Blue Filter
- USB 3.0 Cable
- ST4 Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- Quick Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Sensor: 1/2.8" Sony IMX290/291 CMOS monochrome
- Resolution: 2.13 MP
- Diagonal: 6.46mm
- Pixel Array: 1936 x 1096
- Pixel Size: 2.9 µm square
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 170 fps
- Window: AR
- USB Hub: Yes
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.0e at 30db gain
- Full Well Capacity: 14.6ke
- Back Focus Distance: 12.5mm
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- ADC: 12bit
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 78mm diameter
- Cooling: Regulated two stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 degrees below ambient
- Cooler Power Consumption: 12V at 2A Max
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac; Windows; Linux
- Weight: 410 g (14.4 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of