Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 383L+ Monochrome CCD Camera with Kodak KAF-8300 Sensor
Redefining mid-range astro-imaging, the new Atik 383L+ is an 8 megapixel camera featuring the Kodak KAF-8300 CCD. This design by Atik makes it easier for enthusiasts to access multi-megapixel, cooled cameras more easily with its irresistible price. The 383L+ is a fantastic CCD with a huge number of good-sized pixels.
ATIK provides cameras with very high image quality but at affordable prices. The ATIK 383L+ is no exception, offering the same high quality at a reasonable cost. The Platform 3 by ATIK is featured with the 383L+ and it supports the Kodak KAF-8300. The advantages of this design provide very low read-noise circuits and reliability.
The camera can be used with either the EFW-U or our EFW2 and Off-Axis Guider. Standard 1.25" filters can be used for focal ratios of f/5 and above without vignetting. Faster focal ratios will need flat-field correction or 36mm filters.
Atik 383L+ CCD Camera Monochrome Highlights
- Ultra low read-noise for great sensitivity
- 8.3 million 5.4 µm square pixels for high-resolution imaging
- Lightweight for no flexure of the telescope focuser tube
- Highly efficient set point cooling to 40 degrees max below ambient
- High quality mechanical shutter
- Externally accessible dessicant plugs
- Great software for image acquisition and pre-processing
- Memory Buffer to reduce readout artifacts
For data acquisition and camera control, the acclaimed Artemis Capture software is included as well as plug-ins to allow use with Maxim DL, Astroart, and CCDSoft.
Designed for a wide range of image sensing applications, the Kodak KAF-8300 Image Sensor is a 22.5mm diagonal (4/3 format) high performance monochrome full frame CCD (charge-coupled device) image sensor. Digital imaging can be conducted as well with the KAF-8300.
Each pixel contains blooming protection by means of a lateral overflow drain thereby preventing image corruption during high light level conditions. For the color version, each of the 5.4 µm square pixels are patterned with an RGB mosaic color filter with overlying microlenses for improved color response and reproduction. Several versions of monochrome devices are available with or without microlenses.
Kodak KAF-8300 Imaging Sensor Features
- High Resolution, High Dynamic Range, and Low Noise Architecture
- Quantum Efficiency, color: R(600 nm), G(540 nm), B(480 nm) 33%, 40 %, 33% - Quantum Efficiency, monochrome: Microlens, clear glass (540 nm) Microlens, no glass (540 nm) Microlens, AR glass (540 nm) No Microlens, clear glass (560 nm): 54% 60% 56% 37%
- Dynamic Range: 64.4 dB - Linearity Error at 12ºC +/- 10%
- Active Image Size: 17.96mm (H) x 13.52mm (V) 22.5mm (diagonal) - Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Photography, Industrial Imaging and Medical Imaging Applications
- Dark Signal: <200 e-/s - Dark Current Doubling Temperature: 5.8ºC - Linear
- Blooming Protection: (1ms integration time) 1000x saturation exposure - Maximum Data Rate: 28 MHz
- Atik 383L+ Monochrome CCD Camera
- 2" Adapter
- 3 m USB Cable
- 1.8 m Battery Power Connector
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 383L+
- Sensor Type: KAF-8300 monochrome CCD
- Sensor Dimensions: 17.6mm x 13.52mm
- Pixel Array: 3362 x 2504
- Pixel Size: 5.4 µm square
- Cooling: ∆T = -40˚C max
- CCD Architecture: Frame Transfer
- ADC: 16-Bit
- Readout Noise: Typical 7e-
- Gain Factor: 0.41e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: ~26000e-
- Dark Current: ~0.1 electrons per second at -10°
- Interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Power: 12V DC
- Weight: 1.5 lbs.
- System Requirements: Pentium II PC with 64MB RAM; Windows 98/XP/Vista; CD-ROM drive; and USB 2.0 port
DocumentationAtik 383L+ Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of