Atik Universal AC Power Supply (90-240VAC) - ATK0026
Atik 4120EX One Shot Color CCD Camera with Sony ICX834 Progressive Scan Sensor
Featuring the latest generation Sony™ EXview HAD CCD II™ technology, the Atik 4120EX camera, with its super high resolution ICX834 sensor, has outstanding quantum efficiency, very low noise and excellent thermal management. The Atik 4120EX is an ideal match for Hyperstar systems, but can also be used with short focal length refractors and astrographs for beautiful, wide field views of the night sky.
The high resolution produced by the 4120EX is very apparent when printing images out to A3 poster size and beyond! Another benefit of high resolution is the ability to zoom into different parts of an image on a computer screen in order to see extra detail. The Atik 4120EX CCD Camera is a one shot color camera (OSC). The small 3.1 µm pixel size is a real advantage when attempting to record the true color of the stars and nebulae in an image.
One Shot Color cameras, like the Atik 4120EX, allow you to take a single image and see the color immediately, something that would require filters and a filter wheel to accomplish with a monochrome camera. Adding a simple infrared block filter or a light pollution filter is all you need to explore the wonders of the universe with the Atik 4120EX. The Atik 4120EX fully supports 1.25″ filters down to f/2. The other advantage of a OSC camera is the simplicity of processing its images. By recording color in one image, you do not need to align the 3 or 4 separate image types required for LRGB or RGB imaging.
As part of the Atik 4-Series, the Atik 4120EX benefits from set point cooling, to make taking matching dark frames a snap, and a simple 12V power requirement to facilitate field operation. The impressive sensitivity, great cooling, and narrow profile make the Atik 4120EX an outstanding CCD camera to use on modern telescopes.
Atik 4120EX CCD Camera Requirements
- Pentium III PC with 128MB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 (not RT)
- CD-ROM drive
- USB 2.0 port
- Atik 4120EX Color CCD Camera with 1.25" Adapter
- 10 ft. USB Cable
- 6 ft. Battery Power Connector
- CD-ROM with Drivers, Software, and User's Manual (PDF)
- Paper Quickstart Guide
Dimensions & Specifications
- Imaging Camera Series: Atik 4120EX
- Sensor Type: Sony ICX834AQG color CCD
- Image Array: 4242 x 2830
- Pixel Size: 3.1 µm x 3.1 µm
- ADC: 16-bit
- Scanning Method: Progressive Scan
- Readout Noise: 5e- typical value
- Gain Factor: 0.14e-/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: ~9000e
- Dark Current: ~0.0003 electrons per sec at -10°
- Interface: Mini-USB 2.0 high speed
- Software Included: Capture & various plug-ins to use with Astroart or MaximDL (sold separately)
- Power: 12V DC 1A
- Minimum Exposure: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: Unlimited
- Cooling: Thermoelectric set point with max ΔT=>-30°C'
- CCD Architecture: Interline
- Backfocus: 13mm
- Weight: 14 oz.
DocumentationAtik Series 4 Manual
Artemis Capture Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of