Celestron 1.25" Lunar & Planetary Color Filter Set
Color filters are effective at bringing out planetary surface details as well as the details of its cloud system. Since each filter included in this set is suitable for use with any properly threaded 1.25" eyepiece, this Celestron Lunar & Planetary Filter Set offers excellent versatility. To use, simply screw one of these filters onto your chosen eyepiece and slip it into the focuser.
This Celestron filter set includes the following color filters:
- #12 Deep Yellow - Ideal for use with telescopes on the smaller side (under 4.5" aperture), the #12 Yellow is a great general purpose filter that will provide increased contrast in lunar features. Additional phenonmenon this filter will help you see include the equatorial belts of Jupiter and Saturn, the Martian polar ice caps, and the dusky features of Uranus and Neptune.
- #21 Orange - Lowers blue/green transmissions for sharpened edges along the Martian landscape. When used on Jupiter and Saturn, detail in the belts and polar regions is enhanced.
- #80A Light Blue - Increases contrast in Jupiter's cloud belts and Saturn's polar ice caps. Plus, if you don't mind color shift, this filter can be used to improve lunar contrast as well.
- ND-96-0.3 Neutral Density - Optimally suited for lunar observing, or for stacking with other planetary filters in order to increase density without changing the color. Neutral density filters also work well for splitting binary or double star systems. When you want to decrease an object's brightness but don't want its color features to be disturbed, use this filter.
Each 1.25" filter in this set has 26 mm of clear aperture and is mounted in a black anodized aluminum cell with threading on both sides. Double threads allow the user to stack different filters together to create a custom color or affect the transmission percentage. Special coatings on each filter protect against reflections, ghosting, and scratches. A plastic case is included to keep your filters safe when not in use.
- 1.25" #12 Deep Yellow Filter
- 1.25" #21 Orange Filter
- 1.25" #80A Light Blue Filter
- 1.25" ND-96-0.3 Neutral Density Filter
- Plastic Filter Container
Dimensions & Specifications
- Filter Size: 1.25"
- Filter Type: Planetary Color
- Filter Shape: Round
- Mounted: Yes
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Two (2) Years
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of