Celestron 11" CPC SCT Ultimate Bundle
With the largest aperture of the Celestron CPC GPS line, the CPC 1100 GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope delivers the most light-gathering power and a limiting magnitude of nearly 15. The CPC 1100 GPS takes full advantage of its vast database of thousands of NGC and Abell galaxies and provides a new level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects.
The Celestron 11-Inch CPC Schmidt-Cassegrain with StarBright XLT Coatings offers innovative technology that will allow you to look deep into space. This scope combines new SkyAlign alignment technology, advanced engineering, and a bold new design, all at an affordable price.
In fact, Celestron's Professional Computerized (CPC) Series with revolutionary SkyAlign alignment technology redefines everything that amateur astronomers are seeking. They offer quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of setup and use, advanced ergonomics, enhanced computerization, and value for money. The 11-inch CPC truly has it all.
The Celestron CPC Series includes an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites, pinpointing the telescope's precise location. This eliminates the need for you to input the date, time, longitude, and latitude manually.
Thanks to SkyAlign, alignment is a breeze. Simply locate and manually point the telescope towards three bright celestial objects - even the moon and bright planets will work. Celestron's NexStar software technology will then model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet, and celestial object above the horizon.
Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its remarkably user-friendly database. The CPC's database contains more than 40,000 celestial objects, including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. When using the "filter limits" feature, only those objects that are above the horizon at your exact time, date, and location will be displayed.
The new CPC Series telescopes feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems manufactured in Celestron's facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, the CPC is available with StarBright XLT high-performance optical coatings. These use state-of-the-art, thin-film, vacuum-deposition technology. To ensure consistent optical coatings of the highest quality, the process is tightly monitored and controlled by highly trained technicians. The result is image clarity so stunning it must be seen to be believed.
This telescope includes the NexRemote software, enabling you to operate it remotely from a PC or laptop. NexRemote supplicates all of the functions and features of the NexStar software on the standard NexStar Hand Control. It also offers speech support, allows you to make and save custom tours, and uses Night Vision Mode to preserve night vision. The drive base and mechanics have been redesigned with larger gears and a quick-release clutch. It includes a new heavy-duty steel tripod with accessory tray and center leg support bracket to ensure stability.
- 40mm Plossl eyepiece (70x)
- NexRemote software CD with license
- Car battery adapter
Astrophotography with the Celestron CPC Telescopes
While astrophotography could not be summed up here in one paragraph, a very common question for the CPC telescopes is how to connect a camera to it. Astrophotography is a hobby of patience and lots of trial and error, and plenty of errors will be had once you get started. But the rewards of good images is well worth it.
About Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
Celestron’s excellent Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes are compact and portable and represent the best all-purpose design for a wide variety of uses from terrestrial and deep sky viewing to astrophotography.
Catadioptrics use a combination of mirrors and lenses to "fold" (reflect) the light path and form an image. In a Schmidt-Cassegrain, the light enters through a thin aspheric Schmidt correcting lens. It then strikes the spherical primary mirror. It is reflected back up the tube and intercepted by a small secondary mirror which reflects the light out an opening in the rear of the instrument where the image is formed at the eyepiece.
Catadioptrics are the most popular and most modern type of telescope optical design and are marketed throughout the world in 3.5" and larger apertures. Catadioptric telescopes combine the practical advantages of lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages. They offer the clarity and contrast of refractors with the low aberration of reflectors. Catadioptrics have an average focal ratio of f/10, which is wide enough for all types of photography. They are also easier to maintain because all optical elements are solidly mounted and rigidly collimated. Catadioptric telescopes provide the best possible combination of light gathering power, long focal length, portability, and affordability.
- Very versatile, best all-purpose telescope design
- Combines the optical advantages of both lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages
- Excellent optics and razor sharp images over a wide field
- Excellent for deep sky observing and astrophotography as well as terrestrial viewing
- Very good for lunar, planetary and binary star observing
- Focal ratio generally around f/10, it also has the best near focus capability of any type of telescope
- Closed tube design reduces image-degrading air currents
- Extremely compact and portable
- Easy to use, durable and virtually maintenance free
- Large apertures at reasonable cost and less expensive than equivalent aperture refractors
- More accessories available than with other types of telescopes
Celestron CPC 1100 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications
- Telescope Series: Celestron CPC
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 11" (279.4 mm)
- Focal Length: 2800 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Highest Useful Magnification: 661x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Resolution: Rayleigh 0.50 arcsec
- Dawes Limit: 0.41 arcsec
- Photographic Resolution: 200 lines per mm
- Light Gathering Power: 1600x the naked eye
- Field of View: Standard eyepiece 0.6º
- Linear FOV at 1,000 Yards: 32 ft.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.75"
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 11.6%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Telescope OTA and Mount Weight: 65 lbs.
Celestron CPC Mount & Tripod Specifications
- Cast aluminum Dual Fork Arm Mount with detachable hand controller cradle
- Electronics: Computerized GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 15 lbs. (approximate)
- Motor Type: DC Servo with encoders, both axes
- Motor Resolution: 0.1406
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North, EQ South
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar
- 9 Slew Speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 0.5°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x
- Software Precision 24bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
- SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Align, One-Star Align, EQ Align, Solar System Align
- Accessory Ports: 2 Aux, Autoguider, USB
- NexStar computer control system with 40,000+ object database
- Periodic Error Correction Permanently Programmable
- 5.625" hard anodized gear in both axes, 180 tooth, brass worm
- 9.8" azimuth bearing
- Power Requirements: 12V DC @ 1.5A (tip positive)
- Idle Current: 340 mA
- Slew Current Both Axes: 900 mA
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Cord Management: Software managed
- Mount Weight: 65 lbs.
- 2" Stainless Steel Tripod
- Tripod Height Range: 55" to 70"
- Tripod Weight: 19 lbs.
- Total Weight without Counterweights: 84 lbs.
Celestron Power Tank Specifications
- Voltage: 12V
- Amps: 7A
- Accessory Ports: 2x USB for charging portable devices
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Booster terminal on the rear side
- Built-in circuit breaker for safety
- Includes cigarette lighter adapter and 110/220V switchable universal AC adapter
- Celestron CPC1100 Mount & OTA
- Celestron CPC Heavy Duty Tripod
- Celestron 12V 7 AH Power Tank Portable Power Supply
- Apertura Wide Angle Eyepiece Kit
- 2" SCT Twist Lock Carbon Dielectric Mirror Diagonal
- 2" to 1.25" Adapter
- Diagonal Barrel Dust Cap
- 1.25" Insert Plug
- 10mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 15mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 20mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 32mm Super Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece
- 4 Eyepiece Top Dust Caps
- 4 Eyepiece Bottom Dust Caps
- Case for Above Contents
- Apertura Universal 2 amp AC Adapter
- NexStar Hand Controller with Cord
- 8x50 Finderscope
- Finderscope Bracket with Quick Release
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 40 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- DC Battery Power Adapter
- Tripod Accessory Tray with Eyepiece Holder
- Lens Cap
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- 1.25" Visual Back
- Instruction Manual
- Celestron Two Year Warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of