Celestron 36 cm RASA Astrograph OTA
Optimally suited for scientific applications such as space surveillance and Space Situational Awareness (SSA), as well as for advanced wide field astrophotography, this Rowe-Ackermann Schnmidt Astrograph is also practical from a cost perspective. This optical system provides fantastic value in terms of speed, aperture, field of view, and overall optical performance. The RASA design features a convenient external location with a flat focal plane for prime-focus image capture, allowing small spot sizes to the outskirts of a wide field resulting in images void of optical blemishes such as field curvature, off-axis coma, and astigmatism.
The 36 cm aperture version is the largest RASA Celestron manufactures. It is both the biggest and fastest (f/2.2) optical instrument of its kind available “off-the-shelf.” Unlike most telescopes, which only focus visible light (400-700 nm), the RASA 36 cm focuses an extended spectral range (400-900 nm), allowing a brighter signal to be detected by a camera sensor. The 36 cm RASA also features a redesigned focus system, which ensures easy and stable focusing.
With a substantial 77.5 mm back-focus, the Celestron 36 cm RASA is compatible with a wide range of imaging sensors. The addition of a custom camera adapter enhances the field of view up to 4.4 degrees.
- Consisting of high transmission multi-coatings for lenses, along with highly reflective aluminum coatings, Celestron's proprietary XLT coatings enable reliably solid optical system light throughput.
- A built-in cooling fan helps cool down optics to ambient temperature while pulling air through micromesh vents for dust ingress prevention.
- Comes with dual dovetail mounting bars for the ability to mount both an optical tube and additional accessories. Compatible with "CGE/Losmandy" style dovetails.
- A pair of 2x threaded insert hole sets in the rear cell allow even more mounting options.
- Rear cell features carrying handles for convenient optical tube movement.
- Although not normally needed, there are three sets of push-pull screws to adjust the lens group to achieve optical alignment for the entire system.
- M48 camera adapter included.
- Motor system specifically designed for the 36 cm RASA focuser is manufactured by Starlight Instruments.
- Celestron 36 cm (14") Rowe-Ackermann RASA Astrograph OTA
- 48 mm Camera Adapter
- Fan Battery Pack
- Dual Dovetail Mounting Bars
Dimensions & Specifications
- Optical Design: Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph
- Aperture: 355.6 mm (14")
- Focal Length: 790 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/2.2
- Central Obstruction Diameter: 15 mm (6.22"); 44% of aperture diameter
- Light Gathering Power: 2581x the human eye
- Rayleigh Resolution: 0.39 arcseconds
- Dawes Resolution: 0.36 arcseconds
- Image Circle: 60.1 mm (2.36"); 4.4º
- Wavelength Range: 400 - 900 nm
- Spot Size: <6.3 μm RMS across FOV
- Optical Coatings: Enhanced aluminum; XLT multi-coatings
- Off-Axis Illumination: 83% at 30 mm (1.18")
- Optical Window: 104 mm (4.09")
- Backfocus Distance: 77.5 mm (3.05"); 55 mm (2.16") with included camera adapter
- Optical Tube Material: Aluminum
- Optical Tube Length: 1079.5 mm (42.5")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 106.4 mm (16")
- Optical Tube Weight: 75 lbs.
- Focuser: New focuser design that minimizes focus shift
- Additional Features: Ventilation fan; dual dovetail mounting bars
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of