Celestron .7x Focal Reducer for 9.25" EdgeHD Telescope
The Celestron 0.7x Focal Reducer is made for the best-selling 9.25" EdgeHD and is packed with features designed to help you enjoy your imaging sessions. While maintaining flat-field performance, the EdgeHD Focal Reducer even provides generous back focus so that you can use a full variety of imaging accessories.
The Edge HD Reducer's 4-element optical design works perfectly with the 9.25 EdgeHD, maintaining flat-field performance. Each optical element has been expertly constructed using fully multi-coated Lantham glass to provide maximum light transmission as well as color correction while reducing chromatic aberration. All lens edges have been blackened to minimize internal reflection and enhance contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60 mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimized image circle remains at a generous 42 mm for use with large CCD sensors.
The reducer is housed in CNC machined aluminum for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements. Threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches.
With the faster option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 5-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 8" to maintain the flat-field performance of the Edge HD optical design
- Provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing T-adapters for EdgeHD 925 and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blackened edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
Full Frame Design
- Optimized for APS-C sized sensors: Including most DSLR cameras and Nightscape CCD cameras
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer-assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Provides an intermediate focal length between EdgeHD's native f/10 (or f/11) and the optional Hyperstar accessory at f/2, making the EdgeHD the most complete imaging system in its price range
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Celestron Photographic / Visual Accessories
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of