Celestron 8" CPC SCT Ultimate Bundle
The CPC 800 GPS XLT is the most portable of Celestron's top-of-the-line fork-mounted astronomical telescopes and includes Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool.
Turn this scope to planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an instrument weight of only 42 lb., this telescope is portable enough to setup in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location.
Celestron's CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment
Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for — quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar® software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way).
Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun.
There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
The new CPC Series telescopes, like our acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series telescopes feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems that are manufactured in our facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, all CPC models are available with StarBright and StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings.
With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has “gone back to the drawing board” and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value. All CPC models ship standard with our NexRemote telescope control software.
- 8" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
- NexRemote telescope control software included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Astrophotography with the Celestron CPC Telescopes
While astrophotography could not be summed up here in one paragraph, a very common question for the CPC telescopes is how to connect a camera to it. Astrophotography is a hobby of patience and lots of trial and error, and plenty of errors will be had once you get started. But the rewards of good images is well worth it.
About Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
Celestron’s excellent Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes are compact and portable and represent the best all-purpose design for a wide variety of uses from terrestrial and deep sky viewing to astrophotography.
Catadioptrics use a combination of mirrors and lenses to "fold" (reflect) the light path and form an image. In a Schmidt-Cassegrain, the light enters through a thin aspheric Schmidt correcting lens. It then strikes the spherical primary mirror. It is reflected back up the tube and intercepted by a small secondary mirror which reflects the light out an opening in the rear of the instrument where the image is formed at the eyepiece.
Catadioptrics are the most popular and most modern type of telescope optical design and are marketed throughout the world in 3.5" and larger apertures. Catadioptric telescopes combine the practical advantages of lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages. They offer the clarity and contrast of refractors with the low aberration of reflectors. Catadioptrics have an average focal ratio of f/10, which is wide enough for all types of photography. They are also easier to maintain because all optical elements are solidly mounted and rigidly collimated. Catadioptric telescopes provide the best possible combination of light gathering power, long focal length, portability and affordability.
- Very versatile, best all-purpose telescope design
- Combines the optical advantages of both lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages
- Excellent optics and razor sharp images over a wide field
- Excellent for deep sky observing and astrophotography as well as terrestrial viewing
- Very good for lunar, planetary and binary star observing
- Focal ratio generally around f/10, it also has the best near focus capability of any type of telescope
- Closed tube design reduces image-degrading air currents
- Extremely compact and portable
- Easy to use, durable and virtually maintenance free
- Large apertures at reasonable cost and less expensive than equivalent aperture refractors
- More accessories available than with other types of telescopes
- More expensive than Newtonians of equal aperture
- Slight light loss due to secondary mirror obstruction compared to refractors The Maksutov-Cassegrain is similar to the Schmidt-Cassegrain with essentially the same advantages and disadvantages. It uses a thick meniscus correcting lens with a strong curvature and a secondary mirror that is usually an aluminized spot on the corrector. The Maksutov secondary
Celestron CPC 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications
- Telescope Series: Celestron CPC
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 8" (203.2 mm)
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution: Rayleigh 0.68 arcsec
- Dawes Limit: 0.57 arcsec
- Photographic Resolution: 200 lines per mm
- Light Gathering Power: 843x the naked eye
- Field of View: Standard eyepiece 0.8º
- Linear FOV at 1,000 Yards: 42 ft.
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.7"
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 11%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Optical Tube Length: 17"
- Telescope OTA and Mount Weight: 42 lbs.
Celestron CPC Mount & Tripod Specifications
- Cast aluminum Dual Fork Arm Mount with detachable hand controller cradle
- Electronics: Computerized GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 15 lbs. (approximate)
- Motor Type: DC Servo with encoders, both axes
- Motor Resolution: 0.1406
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North, EQ South
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, Lunar
- 9 Slew Speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 0.5°/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, 0.5x
- Software Precision 24bit, 0.08 arcsec calculations
- SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Align, One-Star Align, EQ Align, Solar System Align
- Accessory Ports: 2 Aux, Autoguider, USB
- NexStar computer control system with 40,000+ object database
- Periodic Error Correction Permanently Programmable
- 5.625" hard anodized gear in both axes, 180 tooth, brass worm
- 9.8" azimuth bearing
- Power Requirements: 12V DC @ 1.5A (tip positive)
- Cord Management: Software managed
- 2" Stainless Steel Tripod
- Tripod Height Range: 51" to 66"
- Tripod Weight: 19 lbs.
- Total Weight without Counterweights: 61 lbs.
Celestron Power Tank Specifications
- Voltage: 12V
- Amps: 7A
- Accessory Ports: 2x USB for charging portable devices
- Built-in flashlight with red filter cap
- Energy efficient LED spotlight
- Booster terminal on the rear side
- Built-in circuit breaker for safety
- Includes cigarette lighter adapter and 110/220V switchable universal AC adapter
- Celestron CPC800 Mount & OTA
- Celestron CPC Heavy Duty Tripod
- Celestron 12V 7 AH Power Tank Portable Power Supply
- Apertura Wide Angle Eyepiece Kit
- 2" SCT Twist Lock Carbon Dielectric Mirror Diagonal
- 2" to 1.25" Adapter
- Diagonal Barrel Dust Cap
- 1.25" Insert Plug
- 10mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 15mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 20mm Super Wide Angle 1.25" Eyepiece
- 32mm Super Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece
- 4 Eyepiece Top Dust Caps
- 4 Eyepiece Bottom Dust Caps
- Case for Above Contents
- Apertura Universal 2 amp AC Adapter
- NexStar Hand Controller with Cord
- 8x50 Finderscope
- Finderscope Bracket with Quick Release
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 40 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- DC Battery Power Adapter
- Tripod Accessory Tray with Eyepiece Holder
- Lens Cap
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- 1.25" Visual Back
- Instruction Manual
- Celestron Two Year Warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of