Celestron Power Tank 7 Power Supply for Celestron Computerized Telescopes
CPC 925 GPS XLT — Unique design, advanced features, GOTO accuracy, and superb optics. You get the picture.
Celestron’s 9.25” optical system has enjoyed a loyal following since we first introduced it with our Ultima 9.25” in 1995. Now the 9.25” optical tube is coupled with Celestron's newest computerized telescope family — the CPC GPS series.
The 9.25” was already a favorite among astrophotographers and discerning visual observers and it offers 33% more light gathering than our 8" model. The CPC 925 GPS XLT was specifically designed for visual infinity focus when using 2" eyepieces and has an optimized baffle system to benefit astrophotography by minimizing vignetting at the edge of the field of view. Its longer primary focal length and lower magnification secondary mirror contribute to a flatter field of view at the focal plane and helps to further reduce optical aberrations.
This feature packed model comes standard with Celestron's renowned StarBright multi-coatings. The CPC 925 GPS is compatible with the complete line of Celestron photographic and visual accessories.
What makes the CPC 925 GPS XLT great for astrophotography?
- Longer focal length primary and lower magnification secondary— Contributes to a flatter focal plane with less coma and off-axis astigmatism.
- Baffle design —Optimized for astrophotography. Minimizes vignetting at the edge of the field of view. This reduces light drop off at the corners of your film plane.
- Hand Figured Optics — Just like all other Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, the CPC 925 GPS optics are individually matched and hand figured to ensure the highest optical quality in every telescope.
- Focus mechanism — At the heart of Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
- Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms —For maximum rigidity.
- Unique roller bearing design bearing and shaft —The telescope base rotates around a wide 9.5” track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
- Autoguider port — For interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging or astrophotography.
- StarBright coatings — High quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the film plane.
Celestron's new CPC Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for — quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar® software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way).
Identify feature tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun.
There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the sun or moon for daytime observing -- it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
The new CPC Series telescopes, like our acclaimed Advanced Series and premium CGE Series telescopes feature meticulously matched and hand-figured optical systems that are manufactured in our facilities in Torrance, California. In addition, all CPC models are available with StarBright and StarBright XLT High Performance Optical Coatings.
With the introduction of the CPC Series, Celestron has “gone back to the drawing board” and re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented a telescope family that provides superior quality, unsurpassed ease of use, and incomparable value. All CPC models ship standard with our NexRemote telescope control software.
- 9.25" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Powering your Celestron CPC Telescope
The Celestron CPC Series Telescopes include a DC power cable, the kind you can plug into a automobile cigarette lighter. The CPC series telescopes do not take batteries. Won't take batteries! What! Actually this is a good thing. These larger telescopes eat through batteries pretty quickly. Its best to have a more reliable power source. A Celestron PowerTank is great for traveling to darker sky locations.
Astrophotography with the Celestron CPC Telescopes
While astrophotography could not be summed up here in one paragraph, a very common question for the CPC telescopes is how to connect a camera to it. Astrophotography is a hobby of patience and lots of trial and error, and plenty of errors will be had once you get started. But the rewards of good images is well worth it.
Dimensions & Specifications
40mm Plossl (59x)
50mm w/quick release bracket
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Dual Fork Arm
Objective Lens Size Code
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
Viewing the Planets
Viewing the Moon
Celestron CPC GPS Telescopes
For the Expert
58 lbs. Weight Optical Tube
DocumentationDownload Celestron CPC Telescopes Information Sheet
Download Celestron CPC Telescopes Instruction Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of