Celestron AstroMaster 80AZ Short Refractor
With a short 400 mm focal length (f/5), the Celestron AstroMaster 80AZS refractor is perfect for viewing star clusters and nebulae. At the same time, this versatile instrument can also be transformed into the ideal daytime spotting scope using the included erect image star diagonal. As a result, this short refractor is well-suited for celestial as well as terrestrial observing.
Telescope setup is so easy you'll be up and observing almost instantly. The mount and tripod come preassembled so even straight out of the box and without prior telescope setup experience, this system can be put together in a manner of minutes. Tripod legs adjust to enable customizable telescope height for placement on a raised surface such as a picnic table. This tripod also includes an accessory tray for keeping track of your eyepieces and other small items while in the midst of a viewing session. Weighing in at a mere 10 pounds, this complete telescope kit is optimally suited for spontaneous viewing parties, or for transporting to far-off, exotic observing locales.
Manual Alt-Azimuth Telescope
Navigate the night sky with pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down or left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The Celestron 80 mm AstroMaster Refractor comes complete with two eyepieces (20 mm and 10 mm), finderscope, and erect image diagonal. These eyepieces offer different magnifications for viewing your intended target. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial observing, but also great for celestial observing. Lastly, the red dot finder enables quick object centering in your eyepiece for easier viewing.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
- Celestron 80 mm AstroMaster Short Refractor Telescope
- Manual Alt-Azimuth Mount
- 1.25" Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- 20 mm Eyepiece
- 10 mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal - 90º
- Red Dot Finder
Dimensions & Specifications
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 80mm (3.1")
- Focal Length: 400mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Eyepiece Focal Lengths: 20mm (20x magnification); 10mm (40x magnification)
- Finderscope: Red Dot Finder
- Star Diagonal: 90º Erect Image - 1.25"
- Optical Tube Material: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 189x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.74 arcseconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.45 arcseconds
- Light Gathering Power: 131x the human eye
- Optical Coatings: Fully coated
- Optical Tube Length: 457.2mm (18")
- Optical Tube Weight: 2.8 lbs.
- Dovetail: Vixen/CG-5
- Mount Type: Manual Alt-Az
- Height Adjustment Range: 812.8mm - 1295.4mm
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 1.25" steel
- Accessory Tray: Included
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Tripod Weight: 7.6 lbs.
- Software: Starry Night Basic Edition; SkyPortal app
- Total Weight: 10.4 lbs.
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of