Looking for a telescope that can take you on a tour of the Universe and still fit within your budget? The Celestron NexStar 127 SLT, or Star Locating Telescope, was designed to do just that. This compact, easy to use, yet powerful telescope system uses the same star locating technology you’ll find in Celestron’s top-of-the-line telescopes.
The NexStar+ hand control features a 40,000-object database of stars, galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters, plus the Moon and planets. Simply select the object you wish to view and NexStar SLT’s high performance servo motors slew directly to the target, center it in the eyepiece, and then track it as it appears to move across the night sky. A computerized tracking telescope such as the NexStar 127 SLT is a great choice for families and groups because everyone can observe the same object without having to make adjustments to keep it in the center of the field of view.
The Celestron NexStar 127 SLT is a great companion on camping trips, too. The telescope breaks down into several lightweight components for transport. Once you arrive at your site, set up the telescope in minutes with no tools required. The telescope runs on eight user-supplied AA batteries, so there’s no need for an AC outlet or external power supply. Turn the telescope on and you’ll be guided through Celestron’s simple SkyAlign setup procedure. Once you’ve centered any three bright objects in the eyepiece, your NexStar SLT is aligned and ready to explore the cosmos.
With a 5” primary mirror—one of the largest aperture in the Celestron NexStar SLT family—the 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain optics offer enough light gathering ability to explore fainter Messier objects, split double stars, and render stunning details on the surface of the Moon. And with the Maksutov-Cassegrain's folded light path, this tube is significant smaller and lighter than refractors--and even Newtonian reflectors--of the same size.
Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Fast Facts
- High-quality 127mm Maksutov-Cassegrain optical system
- Fully computerized altazimuth mount can automatically locate and track thousands of objects
- Includes StarPointer red dot finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- "The Sky" astronomy software CD-ROM provides information about the sky and printable sky maps
- Align on any three bright celestial objects with Celestron’s fast and easy SkyAlign procedure
- Flash-upgradable hand control for downloading product updates from Celestron.com
- Internal battery compartment prevents cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as a GPS, StarSense AutoAlign, or SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Module
Dimensions & Specifications
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
Viewing the Moon
Viewing the Planets
Celestron NexStar SLT Telescopes
For the Enthusiast
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.