Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Telescope Ultimate Bundle
- The robotic Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Telescope is one of the coolest toys in the galaxy! This gadget earns its name "Evolution" with technology that takes Celestron's classic Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope to a whole new level of performance with integrated WiFi connectivity.
Seamless integration with your mobile device
- Amateur astronomy with a Celestron Evolution telescope is unlike any other stargazing experience. When you turn the telescope on, it begins to broadcast its own WiFi network. Connect to the telescope via your smartphone or tablet, and your device becomes a wireless remote control. You can slew the telescope using directional buttons on your screen, or perform a simple alignment procedure and let your Celestron NexStar Evolution locate and track objects for you automatically. Interaction with the telescope occurs through Celestron’s free SkyPortal mobile app for iOS and Android. This robust planetarium app features a 120,000-object database and a list of Tonight’s Best objects based on your observing time and location. While you view objects in the eyepiece, you can listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of the most popular objects.
- One of the biggest headaches for amateur astronomers on-the-go is power. From carrying a stash of AA batteries to buying an expensive external power supply, the solutions have never been elegant—until now. Celestron equipped NexStar Evolution with a rechargeable internal battery with enough juice to power 10 hours of stargazing. When you get home, just plug the fork arm into an AC outlet with the included adapter. In less than three hours, you’re fully charged and ready for the next night out. The high-quality lithium-ion phosphate battery Celestron selected performs exceptionally well through thousands of charge cycles. The best part? There’s an integrated USB port that allows you to tap into Evolution’s battery to top off smartphones, USB-powered hand warmers, and any other gadgets you have with you.
Smart design and superior performance
- Celestron spent years perfecting NexStar Evolution’s industrial design. The result is a telescope that’s easy and intuitive to use, with plenty of creature comforts. Large, ergonomic handles make setting up your Evolution quick and easy, while manual clutches enable you to point and position your telescope when it’s powered off. There are even etchings on the tripod legs to help you achieve proper balance and a uniform height. Evolution includes not one, but two accessory trays. There’s room for seven eyepieces and a place to store your smartphone. The upper accessory tray features an adjustable red LED illuminator so you can find what you need in the dark without sacrificing night vision. Of course, the optics are the most important part of any telescope and the NexStar Evolution impresses with its 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube. All optical surfaces are coated with StarBright XLT coatings to increase light transmission and reduce internal reflections. The telescope offers enough aperture to view even faint, deep sky objects like distant galaxies and nebulae. Take your NexStar Evolution to a dark sky site and the optical performance speaks for itself. Finally, the gears and motors inside NexStar Evolution are simply the best ever offered on a telescope in this price range. Improved motors and brass worm gears reduce backlash for excellent tracking performance, while the beefy single fork arm mount provides a super-stable platform. You’ll notice these improvements the most when during astrophotography; Evolution can track accurately enough that you can achieve excellent results with planetary cameras and up to 30-second exposures with your DSLR. Overall, the Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 is a great choice for beginner and lifelong hobbyists alike. Budding astroimagers and gadget-lovers will be doubly impressed.
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Fast Facts
- Uses free Celestron SkyPortal mobile app with planetarium interface
- Mount with high-performance brass worm gears
- Improved motors for better tracking accuracy and reduced gear backlash
- Battery provides 10 hours of continuous observing
- Manual clutches and integrated carry handles
- Equipped with 4 AUX ports, 2 accessory trays and a USB charge port
- Includes a NexStar+ hand control, though it isn’t necessary when used in WiFi mode
Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Telescope Specifications
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Aperture: 203.2 mm (8")
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Useful Magnification Range: 29x - 480x
- Light Gathering Power: 843x the naked eye
- Telescope OTA Length: 17"
- Telescope OTA Weight: 10 lbs.
- Resolution - Rayleigh: 0.69 arcseconds
- Resolution - Dawes: 0.57 arcseconds
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 2.5" (64 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
- Mount Type: Alt-Azimuth
- Mount Electronics: Computerized GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 25 lbs.
- Saddle Type: Vixen
- Motor Type: DC Servo
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North, EQ South
- Tracking Rates: Sidreal, Solar, Lunar
- Slew Speeds: 9 - max speed 4º/sec
- Accessory Ports: 4x Aux, USB
- Hand Controller: NexStar+ with 120,000+ object database
- Alignment: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Power Requirements: Internal 9 6V, 4 5Ah lithium ion phosphate battery (LiFePO4)
- Mount Weight: 16 lbs.
- Tripod: 1.25" Stainless Steel
- Tripod Height Range: 47" - 69"
- Tripod Weight: 12 lbs.
- Total Weight Excluding Counterweights: 40.5 lbs.
- Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 Telescope
- Celestron Flexible Dew Shield
- Apertura 1.25" Eyepiece & Filter Kit:
- 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 15 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 6 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 4 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25”
- 2X Barlow Lens - 1.25”
- #80A Blue Filter - 1.25”
- #56 Light Green Filter - 1.25”
- #25 Red Filter - 1.25”
- #21 Orange Filter - 1.25”
- #12 Yellow Filter - 1.25”
- #58a Dark Green Filter - 1.25”
- Rubber Eyecups
- Aluminum carrying Case
- NexStar Evolution Single Fork Arm Computerized Alt-Az Mount
- 1.25" Steel Tripod with Accessory Tray
- StarPointer Red Dot Finderscope
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 40 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- 13 mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- 1.25" Visual Back
- NexStar+ Hand Controller
- AC Adapter
- Starry Night Special Edition Software
- Celestron Two Year Warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of