Celestron NexImage 5 Solar System Imager - 93711
Celestron NightScape 8300 Telescope CCD Camera - 95560 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Celestron Skyris 132 Color CMOS Solar System Camera - 95508
Celestron Skyris 236 CMOS Solar System Color Camera - 95506
Celestron NexImage Burst Solar System Color Camera - 95518
Celestron Skyris IR-Cut Filter for Color Skyris Cameras - 95516
Celestron’s ground-breaking Nightscape CCD Camera has a new addition to the lineup: Introducing the Nightscape 8300, the one shot color CCD camera featuring the highly acclaimed Kodak KAF-8300 sensor. The Nightscape 8300 provides 8.3 megapixels of resolution on this ultra-sensitive Kodak CCD. Camera control and image processing are made easy, fast and effective, thanks to the included AstroFX software. Additionally, the Nightscape 8300 is the most affordable feature-rich KAF-8300 CCD camera on the market!
With Nightscape you get:
Nightscape’s ultra-sensitive KAF-8300 CCD easily detects subtle deep sky details. Capture the faint wisps of a colorful emission nebula, or image fine detail of a spiral galaxy millions of light years away. You’ll be amazed how much faint detail you can detect in your time lapse astroimages.
A Cool Performer
The regulated thermoelectric cooling system with adjustable speed fan not only reduce the inherent CCD noise, but the temperature is also precisely regulated to your setting of choice, allowing you to take accurate calibration images. The camera electronics have been carefully engineered to minimize the read noise (only 8e- RMS) and provide the cleanest image data possible.
Compact four inch diameter design provides minimal obstruction needed for Fastar f/2 imaging. The round symmetrical aluminum cast body resembles the obstruction of the secondary mirror of a Cassegrain telescope ensuring a round star with minimal light diffraction. Additionally the spacing to sensor is the same distance as most DSLR cameras allowing compatibility with most standard DSLR t-adapters.
Celestron’s intuitive AstroFX software takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result. AstroFX gives you full control of your camera from temperature regulation, exposure control as well as computer assisted focusing for easy image acquisition. AstroFX knows just what to do with your images and calibration frames to create a final master image that's been stacked, stretched, sharpened, saturated and ready to share with your friends in a snap.
- Processor – Pentium™ or equivalent, or higher
- Windows XP™, Windows Vista™, or Windows 7™ (or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit
- 1GB RAM
- Disk Space – 500MB
- Video Display minimum 1024x768, 16-bit color or higher
Included with your Nightscape is Celestron's innovative AstroFX software. AstroFx takes you step-by-step from snapping an image to processing the final result.
- Uses the famous KAF-8300 CCD that imagers have grown to love, due to the high resolution, low noise, great sensitivity and affordable cost.
- 8.3 megapixels of resolution on a large 22.5mm diagonal CCD chip provides more than 3.5x the imaging area and 5.5x the resolution of similarly priced CCD cameras! That means capturing a larger swatch of the sky with greater detail in every shot.
- One of the most affordable KAF-8300 CCD cameras on the market, while still retaining all of the advanced features found in more expensive cameras to obtain stunning astrophotos.
- Regulated thermoelectric cooling and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise, producing superior images.
- AstroFX software - takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result.
- The TEC and 16-bit A/D conversion provides lower noise and greater bit-depth than DSLR cameras – making the Nightscape 8300 the ideal choice for DSLR imagers looking to improve their astrophotos.
- Internal mechanical shutter makes dark frame acquisition easy – no need to cap the telescope.
- Internal 32MB SDRAM full frame memory buffer, ensures accurate and reliable image downloads
- Specially designed IR-cut optical window with anti-reflection multi-coatings provides 94% (or greater) transmission of Hydrogen Alpha wavelength and maximum overall light transmission.
- Celestron’s design combines form and function: Elegant industrial design, innovative heat-sink and air-flow system for efficient cooling, and cylindrical body is Fastar-friendly.
- Removable 2” nosepiece is threaded for 2” filters.
- Fastar/Hyperstar Compatible
- A/D Conversion:16 bit
- Back Focus Distance:55 mm w/ 2" barrel; 26 mm w/o barrel
- Cooling Range:20C° below ambient
- Dark Signal (at 0° C):0.15e-/pixel/second
- Download Time:12 sec for full-frame image
- Dynamic Range:64.4 dB
- Exposure Range:.001 sec to 24hrs (2x2 bin); .01sec to 24hrs (1x1 bin)
- Full Well Capacity:25,500 e-
- Imaging Sensor:Kodak KAF-8300 Color Sensor
- Mounting:2" barrel and t-thread
- Operating Environment: 40C° to -40C° (104F to -40F)
- Optical Window:High transmission Schott B270 glass
- Quantum Efficiency:33%@630 nm; 40% @ 550 nm; 33% @ 470 nm
- Read Noise (RMS):8 e-
- Shutter:Internal Mechanical
- Software Compatibility:AstroFX, MaximDL, ASCOM Driver
- Sub-Framing:Full, Half, Quarter, selectable
- Optical Coatings:IR cutoff and anti-reflection multi-coatings
- Weight (lbs):2 lbs (0.91 kg)
- Power Requirements:12V DC 2.5Amp, tip positive
- Cooling:Regulated Thermoelectric w/ Fan
- Camera Resolution:8.3MP (3326x2504)
- Sensor Size:17.96 mm x 13.52 mm (22.5 mm diagonal)
- Pixel Size:5.4 micron square
- USB Cable:High-Speed 2.0, 10' cable length
Only ships in contiguous USA.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Celestron Photographic / Visual Accessories
DocumentationDownload the Celestron NightScape 8300 CCD Camera User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of