Celestron Omni XLT 150 Reflecting Telescope OTA
Omni XLT series features up to 6" of light gathering capability, ideal for everything from deep-space imaging to exploring the solar system. This package gives you the just the optical tube assembly, so you have the freedom to mount your telescope however you like. Using aspheric shaping technology in conjunction with hand-figuring the optics, the Omni XLT presents an image with virtually no spherical aberration. We also added our famous StarBright XLT coating system to further enhance light transmission.
- High quality optics start with each lens and (or) mirror being hand selected so only the finest grade of optical glass is used
- StarBright XLT coatings provide maximized light transmission
- 25mm multi-coated eyepiece - 20mm eye relief, 50-degree FOV
- Easy no-tool setup
About Celestron Reflector Telescopes
A Newtonian reflector uses a single concave mirror as its primary. Light enters the tube traveling to the mirror at the back end. Light is then "bent" forward in the tube to a single point, its focal plane. A flat mirror called a "diagonal" intercepts the light and points it out the side of the tube at right angles to the tube through the eyepiece. The eyepiece is placed there for easy viewing. Newtonian Reflector telescopes replace heavy lenses with mirrors to collect and focus the light, providing much more light gathering power for the money.
You can have focal lengths up to 1000 mm and still enjoy a telescope that is relatively compact and portable. Newtonian Reflector telescopes do require more care and maintenance because the primary mirror is exposed to air and dust. However, this small drawback does not hamper this type of telescope's popularity with those who want an economical telescope that can still resolve faint, distant objects. Newtonian reflectors produce a "right-side-up image" but the image will appear rotated based on the location of the eyepiece holder in relation to the ground. Newtonian reflectors are best for astronomical use where right-side-up does not matter.
- Lowest cost per inch of aperture compared to Refractors and Catadioptrics since mirrors can be produced at less cost than lenses in medium to large apertures
- Reasonably compact and portable up to focal lengths of 1000 mm
- Excellent for faint deep sky objects such as remote galaxies, nebulae and star clusters due to the generally fast focal ratios (f/4 to f/8)
- Adequate for lunar and planetary work
- Good for deep sky astrophotography (but not as convenient and more difficult to use than Catadioptrics)
- Free of color aberration due to the use of a primary mirror
- Generally not suited for terrestrial applications
- Slight light loss due to secondary (diagonal) obstruction when compared with Refractors
Celestron 150 mm Omni XLT Newtonian Reflector OTA
25 mm Multi-Coated Eyepiece
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Series: Celestron Omni XLT
Telescope Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
Telescope Aperture: 6"
Telescope Focal Ratio: f/5
Telescope Focal Length: 750 mm
Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
Lowest Useful Magnification: 21x
Highest Useful Magnification: 354x
Light-Gathering Power Compared to Human Eye: 459x
Diagonal Included: No Not Recommended
Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included: Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included
Finder Included: Yes - 6 x 30 Finder Included
Focuser Style: Crayford/Crayford Style
Focuser Size: 2"
Focuser Speed: Single Speed
Telescope Mount Type: No Mount - OTA Only
Telescope OTA Length: 26.5"
Telescope OTA Weight: 12 lbs
DocumentationDownload Celestron Omni XLT Telescopes User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of