Explore Scientific 3" Carbon Fiber Dielectric Diagonal - DD03-01CF
Explore Scientific 30 mm 100° Waterproof 3" Eyepiece
The 30mm 100° Series™ eyepiece by Explore Scientific is part of an ultra-wide class of oculars that will revolutionize your astronomy observations. Enjoy the picturesque wide expanse of inky black sky you will see in the 100° Series eyepiece. The Explore 30mm 100º Eyepiece has nearly 20mm of eye relief. This Explore Scientific eyepiece is designed to increase the comfort level for long nights of observing as well as give you an amazingly immersive visual experience.
Another great benefit of hyper-wide eyepieces is the ease with which you can gaze, not directly at an object, but slightly to either side. This skill, called using averted vision, is especially helpful when observing faint objects because using averted vision puts the image on a part of your eye that is more sensitive to light, allowing you to see fainter images.
Explore Scientific 100° Eyepiece Highlights
- Huge 3" Barrel for Amazing Light Throughout: The Explore Scientific 30mm 100° Eyepiece has a 3" barrel for use in today's over-sized focusers. The eye relief is a comfortable 19mm, and the field stop diameter is 52.2mm. This eyepiece weighs 82.9 ounces and is 7.8" tall.
- Optimized Optical Design: Explore 100° Series hyper-wide eyepieces are optimized through each design, fabrication, and testing process to produce flat-field images that have high contrast and resolution.
- Exotic Glass Combinations for Optimum Results: Eyepieces are constructed of 8 or 9 lens elements (depending on the focal length) that are fabricated from combinations of Dense Crown, Light Crown, Dense Flint, and Lanthanum optical glass.
- Durable Coatings & Finishing Touches: Each element in your Explore Scientific 100° eyepiece features EMD coatings, resulting in bright, sharp images, and every element has blackened edges to reduce internal reflections and increase contrast.
- Waterproof, Fog-Proof Housing: The internal optics of all 100° Series eyepieces are housed in an argon-purged, waterproof barrel that keeps them as pristine as the day they were manufactured. Cleaning is much easier, and there is no need to worry about water or fluid becoming trapped in between elements due to rain, spills, heavy dew, or getting over-enthusiastic with lens cleaning fluid.
- Hyper-Wide Field Experience: The 100° experience is different than that of more conventional eyepieces. A hyper-wide field of view means you can see more of the night sky at once, allowing you to observe larger or closer objects in their entirety, or to easily use inverted vision to capture faint photons of light. Also, those using Dobsonians or other instruments without a motor drive will enjoy watching an object drift more slowly across the field of view. Manually moving your telescope to compensate for the rotation of the Earth will be required much less frequently, and that's a good thing.
- Tapered 3" Barrel for Extra Security: The 3" insert barrel of the 30mm eyepiece is double-tapered to allow smooth insertion to, and removal from, a telescope's focus, however the wide dimension of the taper helps prevent the eyepiece from falling out of the telescope should the set-screw holding it in place become loose.
Explore Scientific backs each eyepiece with the Explore STAR Transferrable, Extended Life of the Product Warranty (life of the product line plus five years!), so you can keep exploring!
Explore Scientific 30 mm 100° Waterproof Eyepiece - 3"
- Rubber Eyecups
Dimensions & Specifications
Eyepiece Series: Explore 100°
Eyepiece Barrel Size: 3"
Number of Eyepieces Included: One
Eyepiece Focal Length: 30 mm
Eyepiece Apparent Field of View: 100°
Number of Lens Elements: 8 or 9 lens
elements (depending on the focal length) Eyepiece Eye Relief: 19mm
Eyepiece Field Stop: 52.2mm
Eyepiece Weight: 82.9oz
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Transferable Extended Life of the Product Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of