iOptron 22 lb. Counterweight for CEM120 Equatorial Mount - 7326
iOptron CEM120EC2 Equatorial Mount
Noticing a need in the astronomy community for an equatorial mount that is versatile enough to accept heavier instruments and more elaborate imaging arrays, iOptron created the CEM120EC to maintain stability and durability no matter the payload. This mount gives you all of the benefits of iOptron's revolutionary "center balance" design such as accuracy, stability, and smooth mechanical performance, while also having the ability to carry up to 115 lb. (52 kg) payloads.
With the iOptron "center balance" design, the weight of both the mount and the payload are focused directly over the center of the pier or tripod. This enables natural stability. In addition to this stability, the CEM120 also contains an advanced cable management system that eliminates cable entanglements and significantly reduces incidents of fractured cables by providing an abundance of extra ports. Further contributions to the CEM family include Wi-Fi and LAN for remote operation, and dependable, easy to use clutches on each axis.
The iOptron CEM120EC2 model uses two high-resolution encoders, one on each axis, to allow tracking on both axes. Advanced sky modeling enables the CEM120EC2 to measure and calibrate for both polar alignment errors and atmospheric (refractive) distortion changes. Both axes feature fixed home sensors for saving alignment settings for use on subsequent observing and imaging sessions when powered off.
iOptron CEM120EC2 Equatorial Mount Highlights
- Newly designed center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for natural stability with maximum payload capacity
- Observatory quality mount optimal for both visual and imaging applications
- 115 lb. (52 kg) payload capacity with a weight of 57 lbs. (26 kg)
- Reliable, user-friendly gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment
- Precision stepper motor features 0.07 arcsec efficiency for accurate GOTO and tracking
- Routine polar alignment for those unable to see the Pole Star
- Includes Go2Nova® 8407 V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology and integrated heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<±3.5 arcsec
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Wi-Fi and LAN built in for remote operation
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system offers more port options
- Spring-loaded Losmandy Saddle is independently adjustable
- iOptron CEM120EC2 Equatorial Mount Head
- Go2Nova 8407 V2 Hand Controller
- Hand Controller Cable
- 22 lb. Counterweight
- Counterweight Shaft
- Serial Cable
Dimensions & Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Includes Hand Controller: Yes
- Latitude Range: 0º - 68º
- Weight Capacity: 115 lbs.
- Includes GPS: Yes
- Includes AutoGuider Port: Yes
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes
- Mounting Style: Losmandy-style dovetail plate
- Counterweights: One at 22 lbs.
- Mount Weight: 57 lbs.
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of