Vixen VMC95L Modified Cassegrain OTA
The iOptron MiniTower II ... The next generation MiniTower.
Accurate GoTo and Tracking The MiniTower II has the same advanced SmartStar GoTo technology as the original-- but with enhanced encoders and firmware. The MiniTower II hand controller offers a superb navigation experience with an 8 line LCD back-lit display, an over 120,000 object database and a USB port for easy connection with ASCOM compliant PC planetarium programs. With a typical GoTo accuracy of 1 arc minute and the GoToNova® precision auto-tracking, the MiniTower II will consistently bring the celestial object of your choice to the center of the eye-piece and keep tracking for hours.
30 lbs. of Payload Born out of the popular iOptron Cube, the MiniTower II is the ultimate observing solution for people who are searching for a capable and portable GoTo telescope mount to counter light pollution in their backyards and for travel convenience. With a standard payload of 30 lbs, a rock solid 1.5” alloy/stainless steel tripod, metal worm and gear and two dovetail adaptors-- the MiniTower II is capable of handling most OTAs.
Extremely Portable With all the standard components (excluding the tripod) packaged in an alloy metal case, the MiniTower II can easily be carried around in a car trunk or as an airline luggage. The whole system takes about 10 minutes to assemble. This unlimited portability, combined with the internal GPS, gives amateur astronomers extreme flexibility in selecting an observing location.
Additional Unique Features Powered with other features such as automatic over-current protection, automatic clutch protection for both axes, easy 3-point level adjustment, dual scope setup with two dovetails and much more,
- Altazimuth computerized GOTO mount based on SmartStar® technology
- Accurate GoToNova® GOTO and auto-tracking
- 30 lbs . payload
- Dual scope setup with two dovetails
- Built-in retractable counter balance shaft
- 10 ibs of additional payload on the balance side
- Dual-axis servomotor with enhanced optical encode for precise GOTO and tracking
- Resolution: 0.1 arc sec
- 8401 controller w/ USB port and over 120,000 objects in Database
- 8 line 21 character LCD screen with backlit LED
- High precision bearings
- Metal worm/gears
- Automatic over-current protection
- Automatic clutch protection for both axes
- High accuracy level indicator
- 3-Point easy level adjustment
- Manual push-to for both axes
- Internal GPS
- High accuracy level indicator
- 3 point easy level adjustment system
- Heavy duty metal tripod with 1.5/1.25 inch stainless steel tripod legs
- Hard carrying case
- Comes standard with: counterweight, AC adaptor, USB cable
- Two year limited warranty
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Mounts and Tripods
Marketplace Type Code
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of