You’ve seen the iOptron MiniTower… Now you’ve got to go Pro.
Bigger! No doubt you’ve heard about the iOptron MiniTower telescope mount. Well, the iOptron MiniTower Pro has all the same, great technologies and features – just beefed up! So, you can still mount two scopes on -- but now with more pay load. You can still track objects-- only now the encoder resolution is six times finer. We’ve also added a two-inch stainless-steel tripod that is much taller for easier viewing with large scopes. So, go ahead and step up to the Pro!
Extremely Portable With all the standard components (excluding the tripod) packaged in an alloy metal case, the MiniTower ProTM can easily be carried around in a car trunk or as an airline luggage. The whole system takes only 10 minutes to assemble. This unlimited portability, combined with the internal GPS, gives amateur astronomers extreme flexibility in selecting an observing location.
Accurate GOTO and Tracking Equipped with the most advanced SmartStar® GOTO technology, MiniTower ProTM is one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts. The standard 8401 hand controller offers the superb navigation experience with an 8 line LCD back-lit display, a 130,000 object database and a USB port for easy connection with ASCOM compliant PC planetarium programs. With a typical GOTO accuracy of 1 arc minute and the SmartStar® precision auto-tracking, the MiniTower ProTM will consistently bring the celestial object of your choice to the center of the eye-piece and keep tracking for hours.
Additional Unique Features Powered with other features such as automatic over-current protection, automatic clutch protection for both axes, easy 3-point level adjustment, dual scope setup with two dovetails and much more, the MiniTower ProTM is one of the most user-friendly GOTO mounts available today.
- Payload: 33 lbs. and 10 lbs.
- Dual Scope setup with two dovetails
- 2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod legs
- Tripod height with mount: 66 inches
- Built-in 32-channel GPS
- 8401 Controller w/ USB port & 130,000 objects in Database
- High accuracy encoder
- Typical GOTO accuracy: 1 Arc Minute
- Resolution: 0.1 Arc Second
- High precision bearings
- Metal worm/gears
- Automatic over-current protection
- Automatic clutch protection for both axes
- High accuracy level indicator
- 3-Point easy level adjustment
- Manual push-to for both axes
- Comes standard with: counterweight, AC adaptor, 12V DC car plug adaptor, USB cable, & hard case
- Mount Dual AltAz Mount
- OTA Connection Dovetail
- Motor Dual-Axis DC Servomotor, DC 12V
- Motor Speed Dual-Axis,9-gear,Electric (1x,2x,8x,16x,64x,128x,256x,512x,Max)
- GOTO Controller GOTONovaTM
- GPS 32-Channel, Standard
- Database 130,000 Objects
- Payload 30 lbs. and 10 lbs.
- USB Port Yes
- Protocol ASCOM
- Firmware Upgrade Yes
- PC Computer Control Yes
- Tripod 2 inch Stainless Steel
- Battery AA x 8(not included)
- Case Weight 10.56 lbs
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Mounts and Tripods
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.