iOptron SmartEQ Polar Scope - 3130
iOptron SmartEQ Portable GoTo Equatorial Mount - 3100 is no longer available.
We recommend these products instead:
Born out of the popular iOptron CubeTM and iEQTM mounts, the SmartEQTM mount is the ultimate Grab N’ Go German equatorial GOTO mount fitting into almost everyone’s budget. It is ideal for visual observation and wide field astrophotography. The compact design and light weight make travelling with the mount easy.
SmartEQTM is a fully computerized mount with a database of 59,000 objects. It offers the next generation GOTO technology from iOptron. The Go2NovaTM Hand Controller is intuitive with a large LCD screen, with which you can easily set up your telescope and select where you want to navigate.
SmartEQTM is universally compatible with any tubes using a Vixen-style dovetail connection, making it useful for beginners as well as hobbyists with multiple tubes.
- Specialized Grab N’ Go mount ideal for visual observer and wide field astro-photographer
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount that is easy to travel with
- Payload: 11 lb (5 kg) (excluding counterweight)
- Mount weight: 6.2 lb (2.8 kg)
- Dual-axis servomotor with optical encoder
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- Go2NovaTM 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GoTo Technology
- Over 59,000 celestial objects for easy surfing
- Low power consumption (8 AA batteries for 16 hours consecutive tracking)
- Vixen-type dovetail saddle
- 2 lb. counterweight included
- Standard 1.25 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod
- Mount : German Equatorial Mount
- Payload : 11 lb (5 kg), excluding counterweight
- Mount Weight : 6.2 lb (2.8 kg)
- Latitude Adjustment Range : 0º ~ 62º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range : ± 10º
- Right Ascension Worm : Ø60mm, 120 teeth
- Declination Worm : Ø60mm, 120 teeth
- Motor Drive : DC servo with optical encoder
- Resolution : 0.5 arc seconds
- Hand Controller : Go2NovaTM 8408 with 59,000 objects database
- Tracking : Automatic
- Speed : 1×,2×,8×,16×,64×,128×,256×,512×,MAX(~4º/sec)
- Counterweight Bar : Ø16mm
- Counterweight : 2 lb (0.9 kg) for up to 8 lb (3.6 kg)payload
- Dovetail : Vixen-style
- Tripod : 1.25” Stainless Steel (5.7 lb or 2.6 kg)
- Polar Scope : Optional
- Power Consumption : 0.1A(Tracking), 0.3A(GOTO)
- Power Requirement : DC 9~12 V, 1 Amp
- Battery : 8 AA alkaline batteries (for 16 hours of tracking)
- Serial port : Yes (on hand controller)
- Firmware Upgrade : Yes
- Warranty : One Year
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Mounts and Tripods
Marketplace Type Code
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of