iOptron SmartEQ Pro Equatorial Mount with Metal Case
The iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ mount was designed based on the top-selling iOptron Cube™ and iEQ™ mounts. iOptron has updated the mount to today's standards and made this the ultimate Grab N’ Go German equatorial GOTO mount, fitting into almost everyone’s budget. It is ideal for visual observation and wide field astrophotography. The compact design and light weight make traveling with the mount easy. Included also is a metal case to protect your mount from inevitable bumps and dings.
With a recent update, the fully computerized iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Mount now features a database of 150,000 objects. It offers the next generation GOTO technology from iOptron. The Go2Nova® Hand Controller is intuitive with a large LCD screen, allowing you to easily set up your telescope and select where you want to navigate.
The Pro also features metal gear, guiding port, and a polar scope.
The iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Equatorial Mount is universally compatible with any optical tube assemblies using a Vixen-style dovetail connection, making it useful for beginners as well as hobbyists with multiple OTAs.
- Specialized Grab N’ Go mount ideal for visual observer and wide field astrophotographer
- Portable, compact, and sturdy German equatorial mount that offers easy travel
- Payload: 11 lb (5 kg) (excluding counterweight)
- Mount weight: 6.2 lb (2.8 kg)
- Tripod weight: 5.7 lb
- Metal wheels and worm shafts
- Dual-axis servo motor with optical encoder
- Drive motor with 9-speed setting for precise tracking
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- Go2Nova™ 8408 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GoTo Technology
- Over 150,000 celestial objects for easy surfing
- Low power consumption (8 AA batteries for 16 hours consecutive tracking)
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- ST-4 compatible guiding port
- AccuAlign™ dark field illuminated polar scope
- Serial port for firmware upgrade and computer controller
- Vixen-type dovetail saddle
- 3/8" threads to fit on camera mount
- Standard 1.25" heavy-duty stainless steel tripod
- iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ Equatorial Mount
- 1.25" Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Tripod
- Go2Nova 8408 Hand Controller with Cable
- Vixen-Style Dovetail Saddle
- 2.2 lb. Counterweight
- Polar Scope
- Padded Hard Case
Dimensions & Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Includes Hand Controller: Yes
- Objects in Database: 150
- Power Source: User supplied AA batteries; 12V DC
- Latitude Range: 0-62º
- Mount Weight: 6.2 lbs.
- Payload Capacity: 11 lbs.
- Auto-Aligning: Yes
- Slew Speeds: 1x; 2x; 8x; 16x; 64x; 128x; 256x; 512x; MAX(~4º/sec)
- Mounting Style: Vixen-style dovetail plate
- Counterweights: One - 2.2 lbs.
- Tripod: 1.25" stainless steel legs and spreader bar with eyepiece storage
- Tripod Weight: 5.7 lbs.
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of