- The New LX850™ with StarLock™ is a portable astro-imaging system that can be setup, aligned and imaging in less than thirty minutes. Building on the foundation of the technologically revolutionary LX800, Meade engineers have taken the next step in astrophotographic evolution. We kept the same innovative concepts like Starlock™ fulltime automatic guiding and high-precision pointing, f/8 ACF OTAs with internal Crayford-style two-speed focuser and a portable precision German equatorial mount, but reengineered it to deliver more performance with less user effort.
- NEW polished bronze worms in both RA and DEC drivers that deliver smooth motion with low periodic error.
- NEW larger roller bearings in both RA and DEC axes to better handle larger loads.
- NEW roller bearings in the RA and DEC clutch assemblies to allow freer motion with the clutches loosened for easier balancing.
- NEW one-piece 1 inch thick saddle plate with improved dove tail clamps, thicker OTA rail and radius blocks to reduce flexure between the OTA and mount.
- NEW alternative StarLock mounting position on ACF OTAs for virtually no flexure between StarLock and the primary optics.
- NEW StarLock software improvements to guide star selection, tracking/guiding accuracy, Ultra High Precision Pointing, and Drift Alignment.
- NEW StarLock automatic guide rate calibration which analyzes the sky conditions and sets the best possible guide rates for both RA and DEC.
Dimensions & Specifications
Objective Lens Size Code
For the Expert
Good for Astrophotography
Advanced Coma Free
Meade LX850 Telescopes with StarLock
12 Years & Up
DocumentationDownload the Meade LX850 Telescope User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
1-year limited manufacturer's warranty
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.